How often do you weigh in??

Options
How often should we weigh ??? Everyday or once a week?? thoughts on the subject please.. Thanks and Happy to be your "Fitness Pal"

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    Ideally I would weigh once a week but I can't help but sneak a peak a few times a week.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, naked and empty. :) I like to chart it and view the overall trend on The Hacker:

https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet

People who stress out about weight fluctuations might not want to weigh everyday.

People who weigh multiple times a day are silly.

It is useful to weigh and measure yourself regularly, at least monthly, at the same time of day so you have a comparison.

blessings.
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    Once a week.
    If I was to weigh in daily, it would be an up-and-down scale.

This can serve to both encourage me (on lose days) or discourage me (on gain days), whereas I show a better downward slope if I just keep it to one day a week.

To keep your measurements consistent, do it on the same day each week, and the same time of day each time.
    For me, I weigh in every Friday morning at around 5:30am - 6:00am
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with my scale. I usually weigh in once a week, but it's difficult not to weigh in once a day. Once I find myself weighing in MORE than once a day, I break up with my scale, and send it packing to someone else's house...usually my trainer takes it. LOL
  • eidnahenri
    eidnahenri Posts: 16
    Options
    I weigh daily, but log my weight weekly. I measure monthly, except if my clothes feel significantly looser or tighter before the next month.
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    I did weigh myself everyday but I have now hidden the scales in my wardrobe!!!

I am trying to wean myself off weighing myself everyday and try to do it once a week. I am sure this will be more motivational :laugh:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It's easier to see the overall downward trend then, and see fluctuations for what they are. Keeps me sane.
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Once a week only, otherwise it makes me mental.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day. It's funny how the day after a rest day (I do Turbo Fire 6 days a week), my weight goes down :-)
    It's not for everyone, my SIL can only weigh once a week, she says it's too stressful otherwise.
  • goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    I have just started to weigh myself everyday during my 12 weeks summer challenge. I want to know and see how my body is responding to my daily workouts and food intake... it's keeping me accountable for what I'm doing each day.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, but I only track once a week. Seeing the number on the scale every morning reminds me of how far I've come and how far I have left to go, and helps me make better food/exercise decisions throughout the day. :happy:
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday because your body weight changes everyday. once a week or week and a half would be better.
  • akamisscrawford
    Options
    Thank you everyone for posting.... right now I weigh in once a week, but like some people do I cheat and step on the scale a little more often... if I don't like what I see (I try not to let it bother me) I just wait for the "weekly" weigh in date and hope my progress improves. Have an awesome day everyone!!!! :drinker: Cheers!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every two weeks. I only want to lose 10 lbs so those daily fluctuations that everyone talks about can be a *huge* percentage of my goal. By only weighing every two weeks it keeps me focused on the big picture.