A bunch of questions...

Options
Is it better to eat breakfast before you exercise in the morning, or after? How long should you wait?

What is a good way to use dumbells for the underside of your arm? I use 10lb, and the top of my arm is way muscular but the bottom is not. :huh:

Every little bit counts, right? Say you are supposed to be working out 30 minutes 4 times a week, what if you only work out 10 minutes? Or 2 days instead of 4? What if you don't get all of your working out done, but you walk up and down stairs all day? Even the smallest amount of exercise should help you toward your goals, right? Even if it's not a whole lot...

Replies

• BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Is it better to eat breakfast before you exercise in the morning, or after? How long should you wait?

What is a good way to use dumbells for the underside of your arm? I use 10lb, and the top of my arm is way muscular but the bottom is not. :huh:

Every little bit counts, right? Say you are supposed to be working out 30 minutes 4 times a week, what if you only work out 10 minutes? Or 2 days instead of 4? What if you don't get all of your working out done, but you walk up and down stairs all day? Even the smallest amount of exercise should help you toward your goals, right? Even if it's not a whole lot...
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I think you want to eat a little before you exercise. I mean, if you haven't eaten since dinner, that is a long time and your body needs fuel. Maybe something with a little protein.

If you can work out for 5 min, 10 min, or just be more active in your day EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS! Do your best to get workouts in, but if all you can manage is running the laundry up and down the stairs then so be it! If you can set certain nights aside to take a walk, that would work.

Good luck!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Go here and click on the muscle group you want to work:
    http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/

And, yes, every little bit helps. Anything is better than nothing. Soon that anything will turn into more, if you keep it up.

Although many people exercise without breakfast, I've heard it's a good idea to have something - even if it's only a piece of fruit. I don't think you need to wait at all, depending on how well you digest your food - think jumping jacks after a large meal.