11 weeks to loose 20 pounds minimum...Tips please!?

Options
Today is day 1 on my new diet. I have around 11 weeks to loose at least 20 pound, if i can loose more then amazing!

I'm following a 1200 calorie guideline, as i want to see results in the next couple of weeks.

What are everyone tips or manta that they follow? Anything extra things i can do to loose that extra pound?

Any help is welcome! This forum will be my support for the next 11 weeks so i'd love to hear how everyone is doing and how they are doing it!

Happy weight loss.

Nicole

Replies

• Mersada
    Mersada Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm on Jenny Craig and I have a breakfast oatmeal bar for breakfast, a salad with one of their 230-270 calorie meals and 3 servings of broccoli thrown into one of their pasta meals preferable fettucine alfredo for dinner. You can substitute lean cuisines for the jenny craig's that I get. Lean pockets with a salad for lunch....and snacks or desserts that don't go over 200 calories--one per day. 2 fruits per day 2 milks per day and you'd be surprised you won't even be hungry.

I lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks...I wasn't totally on plan for the eight weeks--i cheated a little or I would have lost more. They say 2 pounds a week is a good average loss. and that will bring you to your 20 pound loss in 11 weeks if you follow it. It's also supposed to be a 1200 calorie diet...however, it's balanced.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaserz
    kaserz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Get a blender and some fruits and veggies. Smoothies are a healthy snack to have after working out. It might help you to plan out your meals for each day to stick to the 1200 calories. Maybe try to find a friend to work out with? It makes working out more fun. If you have a break at work, go for a walk. Park further away from entrances to work, groceries stores, etc. Use the stairs instead of elevators.
  • roxie2go
    roxie2go Posts: 10
    Options
    if you drink a lot of tea / coffee like me change it to pineapple/grapefruit tea only 2 cals in it goodluck
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Eat as much green veggies and water...make sure you drink plenty of it.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a network of MFP pals to share the journey and support you. I would not have lost my weight without there support. Linda
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calorie goal and you'll lose. It's really that simple. Oh, and don't be surprised if you don't lose that quickly. I'm 5'2" and 233lbs, and eating 1200 to lose 2lbs a week. You may end up losing slower if you have less to lose, depending on your height.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    In 11 weeks I lost 24lb so its acheivable. But I was starting at 115kg so I was pretty overweight...
    Youll have to watch your calories.... If you want more allowance yourself more by doing more exercise. Trust me ... 1200 calories for 11 weeks?! I'd go crazy.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Reset your goals on MFP and follow them, plan your meals and snacks ahead of time, and really commit to drinking your water.

And move, move, move! Unless you have a medical reason to avoid exercise, get your heart rate up and keep it up 30-45 minutes a day. You should be able to speak, but not carry on a conversation comfortably to be within fat-burning range. (My heart-rate monitor is my BEST FRIEND when I'm working out. Consider investing in one.)