Not eating after 7pm

Options
2»

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    lol, I should have known better posting this at three in the morning! I didnt think anyone would even be online at this time! Hi night shifters! I appreciate all your thoughts.

The European contingency is wide awake! Fear not! :wink:
  • radcow
    radcow Posts: 23
    Options
    Of course! Thanks to you too, on the other side of the globe :)
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    4hours between your last meal and bedtime needed.
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    Options
    Yup, my time here in Europe is 10:32am so no worries on getting replies :-)

Not to be the 'devils advocate' regarding this no eating after 7pm but weirdly enough I was having trouble dropping those last few pounds and it was driving me nuts, I was eating like MEGA healthy (yogurts, salads, no bread or pasta) and still couldnt get those last few down then my hubby told me (dont eat before bed, only if you just came from the gym then you can have some protein but absolutely no carbs) he is an athlete so i cant argue with him (in the gym 6x a week at least) so I finally was like 'fine' I will do it and guess what...I dropped 3 pounds (1.5 kg) in like 2 weeks and this was my only change....i dont know if I would say its myth but it helped me out. :wink:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree. I eat all the time before I go to bed and I don't have any problems. Perhaps this rule "helps you" but it is not a rule that everyone needs to live by.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options

This is may be correct, but if we didn't do so it has no effect on our weight, I mean I have 2000 calories, no change it I eat it morning or evening or 5 min before bed........Yes you are correct, we should not have a heavy meal directly before bed, because that is bad for good sleep, and may have bad effect on our stomach, but that will not increase weight....( I mean no effect on weight if I eat same meal during the day or directly before bed ).

For me I feel better to have light meal directly before sleep, I sleep more stable.....
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think that for me it has more to do with not eating for a certain ammount of time before you go to sleep! I do not like to feel very full when I go to sleep :D
  • raagrath
    raagrath Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its true if u stop eating after 7.00 pm it will result in gud weight loss. I did it myself When I heard from a doctor in news. There is difference eating at 7 pm and 11 pm in the night. becoz calories burn from ur dinner before u sleep .U still burn calories while sleeping.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Why? Where did you get this info? Just out of interest :)
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm the friend she's talking about and I do it exactly to prevent late night snacking. I also typically go to bed at 9 so I like to cut off eating at 5. When I told her this my intentions were for her to conform it to her own schedule, which at the time I believed to be similar to my own. Of course it was simply a suggestion. It worked for me. When i stopped eating at 5 I started losing a great deal of weight because I did all of my unhealthy eating in the evenings. If I"m not allowed to eat in the evenings I can't give in to those cravings. On the rare occasion that I have a date or am going out with friends I definitely eat. I am just careful about what I order and try to eat modestly.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I personally don't eat after 8pm b/c Bob from The Biggest Loser told me not to. Not scientific, I know.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I stop eating at 9pm, but not because of some extra weight I might lose. I do it curb my late night snack fests and its really seemed to help. I have dinner around 8 or 9 and thats it. No more late night chocolates, nuts or other fun snacks. Its really helped me get in check with my eating. I'm up till 1 or 2 am everyday and I get bored and had awful snacking habbits.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any snacks that aren't recorded, so I don't really worry about snacking late, but if I'm short on calories, and hungry, I'll eat regardless of the time. Eating dinner at 10pm is nothing unusual.

Having a late meal doesn't seem to have impaired my weight loss as far as I can tell.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. If you tend to be a mindless snacker - ie, grab a carton of ice cream or a bag of chips to unwind and sit in front of the tv after 7 - then yes, this is a good rule to follow.

If this isn't an issue for you, then ignore it. I firmly believe in the eating every 2-3 hours rule. I eat dinner at 6 PM and am hungry at 9 PM, so I eat a snack. It's a planned, thought-out snack that's always incorporated into my daily calorie count.