Add 1 source of protein to each meal

Options
A serving size is about 3 oz. Add 1 serving of protein to each meal and it will prolong your hunger.

I saw my dietician (sp) 2 days ago and she told me this. It's working.

I typically like to have eggs from breakfast, so I questioned her about the cholesterol content in eggs. She agreed that EGGBEATERS are an alternative to eating eggs every morning. I've been eating Eggland's Best - vegetarian fed hens...until I can make it to the store....but....I ate an omlette on a muffin yesterday and was FULL all day.

Another thing....when you train yourself to eat less...you shrink your stomach. Large portions make me feel too full and miserable.

ANOTHER thing that she said was to eat slow. I know we've heard this before....but eat slow...because if we eat too fast, we are not only going to get a belly ache later, we will over eat....She told me to eat my meal over 30 minutes and the second I feel full, stop eating (for that meal anyway).

Something is working with her advice, because I'v already lose 27 (yes, 27) pounds since Feb!

Suuuuweeeeet!

:smile:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    A serving size is about 3 oz. Add 1 serving of protein to each meal and it will prolong your hunger.

I saw my dietician (sp) 2 days ago and she told me this. It's working.

I typically like to have eggs from breakfast, so I questioned her about the cholesterol content in eggs. She agreed that EGGBEATERS are an alternative to eating eggs every morning. I've been eating Eggland's Best - vegetarian fed hens...until I can make it to the store....but....I ate an omlette on a muffin yesterday and was FULL all day.

Another thing....when you train yourself to eat less...you shrink your stomach. Large portions make me feel too full and miserable.

ANOTHER thing that she said was to eat slow. I know we've heard this before....but eat slow...because if we eat too fast, we are not only going to get a belly ache later, we will over eat....She told me to eat my meal over 30 minutes and the second I feel full, stop eating (for that meal anyway).

Something is working with her advice, because I'v already lose 27 (yes, 27) pounds since Feb!

Suuuuweeeeet!

:smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, eating too fast is an issue for me. But it has gotten better now that I am eating more nutritious foods and have slowed down to enjoy them.

Now you mentioned the serving size of protein is 3oz, that is really for meats, right? What other protein/carb/fat combinations your dietician suggested? :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and thanks for passing the info on
    I usually eat an egg 3-4x per week..havnt' tried egg beaters....omelet sounds yummy
    I usually try to eat some protein with each meal..almonds, cheese stick, chicken...any other good suggestions?

Kim
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My P/T Lifestyle Coach says the same Jax...my goal is for 30g Protein per meal...what I dont get there I need to try and include in my snacks (3 meals, 3 snacks....eat every 2.5-3.5 hours) and yesss its hard to imagine but protein does curb hunger.

I am working out pretty hard (for me) and as he predicted I may gain a few pounds (eating 1500 cals per day) but my clothes are hanging on me already...YAY...I don't care what the number on the scale says...I know how I feel and look and its happening!!!

Wishing you continued success in your program and keep up the great work!!! You are doing it!!! YIPPEE
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been working on increasing my protein and fiber intake to feel more full. I have eggbeaters with a little salsa every morning and they're delish. Look for a lowfat turkey bacon too. I buy Esskay smoked turkey bacon and cook it in the oven. Yummy and filling :)