Need Support! (Adding Calories)

Options
Hey there everyone!

I'm writing because I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow. After being in a 1200 cal diet, exercising almost every day, drinking tons of water, and trying to stay positive, I've decided to follow the steps of "Eat more to weight less."

I took this decision because I dieted and lost 20 ending up weighting 120 lbs. However, I wanted to lose 5 more pounds, but after 4 weeks on the 1200 diet and exercise, I gained 6 POUNDS! Can you imagine? So there was definitively something wrong. I went into this group I mentioned and read a bit about the stories. After being convinced, I decided it was time for me to fuel my body with proper nutrients, and let it lose weight in a comfortable, satisfying, yet effective way. So, here I go... It all starts tomorrow.

I've decided to increase only 200 cal to my diet so my body gets used to it, and then I can check whether that's enough, or I still need a bit more fuel. So my diet is going to be based on 1400 calories.

Has anybody tried this before? Can you tell me a bit about your story? Would you recommend it to me (22 years old, 5.4, 126 lbs)?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll get many replies because of the weight you are trying to achieve. Many feel it is not a healthy weight.

As for me, it doesn't work. If I increase, I gain, simple as that. It does not increase my metabolism, it increases my waist line.

That being said, what does work for me is using net cals instead of gross cals.

Take care.
  • aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for replying :). I know I'm in a good shape already. However, my goal is to lose between 6 and 10 pounds of fat in order to lower my body fat % to athlete instead of fitness as I'm currently at.

I added some calories to my diet and it feels right so far. I'm not hungry nor craving, and hopefully the scale will start going down. This encourages me because by eating 1200 cal I would gain weight like crazy if eating something that was not on my diet or drinking a glass of wine. But well, we'll see how it goes :)