Advice please

Options
Hey guys! So I am trying to lose ten pounds and I need some tips. I have amped up my workouts and am trying to clean up my eating. My calories are low though.:( Could you guys please take a look at my food log for the day and give me advice?

By the way the snacks that I had were all after 8 (after rehearsal) I saw how low my calories were and thought I needed more so I didn't go into starvation mode.

Is it okay to eat after 8 if my calories were to low?
Should I eat more if my calories are low but I am not hungry?

please answer!

EDIT: Just made my log open to public.

Replies

• Bump.
  • oOTaraOo
    oOTaraOo Posts: 29
    Options
    Your diary is not open so I can't see your food log.

There is no issue eating after 8pm. I regularly eat after 10.30pm at night and I am losing weight. As long as you stay within your calories for the day it is fine.

Starvation mode is a myth - if i am not hungry I don't eat.

How many calories are you meant to have a day?
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    Bump.

I see people using this term...im new here...what does it mean?
  • oOTaraOo
    Options
    Bump.

I see people using this term...im new here...what does it mean?

It just bumps the post up to the most recent list so others see it :)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Bump makes the topic show up listed under "My topics" so you can come back and read the thread later.
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    ok great thanks!! Is there a button to press to bump something and where is it ...Wow im sure when im more familiar I will be laughing at myself for this question.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    ok great thanks!! Is there a button to press to bump something and where is it ...Wow im sure when im more familiar I will be laughing at myself for this question.

no you just type a comment usually "bump" and it puts it in your active topics list so you can read/track the topic.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Read up a bit more on Starvation mode. From what I've read your body will not go into it (if at all, I don't believe it exists) until your below 5% fat.
  • This helped a lot thank you! And my BMR is 1438 calories a day.
  • Oh really? well that helps
  • oOTaraOo
    Options
    My calories are set at 1420 but I actually try to stick to 1200-1300 and I am not feeling hungry. If I am I eat more but I don't force it. I think my body will tell me if it is hungry :) We get into a habit of eating when we think we should instead of listening to the body.
  • I actually am reading a book about health right now (the 7 secrets of slim people) and one of the rules is only eat hen you are physically hungry. It talks a lot about how we learn to eat at certain times when really we need to just listen to our bodies.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
  • 2labbydogs
    2labbydogs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying into the starvation mode thing either. I've read a lot of posts from people who ate below their calorie limit and did fine. I've never counted calories before this but cutting back on food in general is the only way I've ever lost weight. I've only lost 2 of the 10 pounds I want to lose and am frustrated that it's taking so long (2 weeks for that 2nd pound to come off, despite being "told" that I should lose .8 lbs/wk.) Counting calories and logging exercise every day is keeping me honest about what I eat. I know you can lose weight by eating any kind of food at all if you keep the calories low, but I like seeing how to balance nutrients and how unbalanced many of my meals used to be. As with everything, I think "all things in moderation" and staying mindful about my diet & exercise will help me the most. It's frustrating that friends with more to lose seem to lose a pound or two a week, but I'm happy I started with a goal of only 10 to lose. I have to keep that in mind! :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Starvation mode is irrelevant. But what I can tell you, you won't lose the last 10 lbs of fat on 400 calories in a day. You need to properly fuel your body and if you are pretty active, its going to be more like 1800-2000 calories (scary isn't it). But before we can judge what your true calorie needs (CN) are, we need to know what is your normal lifestyle (student, etc) and what you do for exercise.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself crash dieting.
    If your MFP setting are right, eat to goal daily no matter what,
    I had to tweak things a bit - calorie burn rates for exercise as well as food intake.
    I found my zone.
    The MFP recommendations work once you find the settings that work for you. We are all different.
    Good Luck - YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is irrelevant. But what I can tell you, you won't lose the last 10 lbs of fat on 400 calories in a day. You need to properly fuel your body and if you are pretty active, its going to be more like 1800-2000 calories (scary isn't it). But before we can judge what your true calorie needs (CN) are, we need to know what is your normal lifestyle (student, etc) and what you do for exercise.

Agree!