Do Power Plates/Vibration plates work?

Options
Hi all,
I've just started using a Flabelos powerplate at my local salon as I'd heard really good things about it (such as a woman told me she dropped a dress size after using it for 3 weeks without dieting). I've used it 5 times now and do look a little leaner but haven't noticed any difference in my clothes but I also run at least 3 times a week and do an hour of Zumba once a week. Anybody had any success using these? x

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Your running and Zumba will have more impact on your fitness than a vibration plate. I would take whatever time you are spending doing that and get in a full body lifting session. You'd get better results.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What in the world is a vibration plate? I haven't heard of this?
  • katieboo21
    katieboo21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's basically a plat you stand on which vibrated very fast, apparently the vibrations cause muscles to contract quickly. You spend 10 minutes stood on it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've only ever heard that those plates are gimicks, just like Shake Weights and anything else that promises fast results with little effort.
    I'd stick with tried and true exercise-weights and cardio.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My SIL has lot 8 inches in the last month using one of these for 20 minutes a day, 10 minutes at a time. She doesn't just stand on it (though some do) she does squats with a medicine ball and pushups and crunches as well. I personally still find it gimmicky but I'll be watching to see how she progresses for sure, I've seen in news that a lot of physio places use them for football players (if you google you might be able to find something). Best of luck!
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    100% gimmick.