6 Weeks to OMG!

Options
Has anyone else read this book? I've just wasted about 4 hours of my life doing just that.
I should have stopped after chapter 3 (I think it was that one) where the whole chapter was devoted to the benefits of taking a 15 minute cold bath every morning. But I didn't, morbid curiosity got the better of me.
It's a best seller I thought, must be something new in here. Seems to be a less strict Atkins diet though. Lots of protein and fewer carbs. That's about what I've been doing anyway.

Just thought I'd see what anyone else who's read it thought. Am I missing some big deal here??

Replies

• katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, a 15 minute cold bath!?!?! Sign me right up... uh... nope, I haven't heard of it. Sounds kinda silly
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am already way to cold for a cold bath in the AM... I think that would ruin my day lol
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The author reckons its boosts your metabolism for the rest of the day. Told you I should have stopped then.

But after the cold bath, you have to go work out for 45 mins, then wait 3 hours before eating anything!

So all that, before youve even had breakfast!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Does the author have any reason behind his "reckoning" or did it come to him in a dream?
  • terrabit
    terrabit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cold bath, spin around three times, then walk backwards for 2 miles.
    That does the trick for me lol.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Does the author have any reason behind his "reckoning" or did it come to him in a dream?

Not sure, think he may have cited several publications at the end of the book, but talk a out picking and choosing which bits suit a theory!
    Still not sure how this book is at the number one spot in health and fitness though!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The author reckons its boosts your metabolism for the rest of the day. Told you I should have stopped then.

But after the cold bath, you have to go work out for 45 mins, then wait 3 hours before eating anything!

So all that, before youve even had breakfast!!!

45 min of exercise will boost your metabolism whether you take a cold bath first or not.
  • bellasbum
    bellasbum Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on this diet, I started 2 days ago and already shed 1lb :-) hooray.
    The cold bath is difficult but I managed to conquer it this morning whilst pumping out some very motivational music!
  • indymccoy43
    Options
    I have struggled my whole life to lose weight. I finally figured out its just the basics! Eat more fruits and veggies to fill you up and fill in the rest with a bit of meat,dairy,good carbs. Find an activity you enjoy and do it!! That's you're exercise!! Finally I am losing weigh and it's effortless.