200 pounds to lose

Options
JennyLisT
JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
Hello! I'm everyone's jolly, sarcastic fat friend. Parts of that are okay, and parts of it not so much. Basically, I want to be healthier. I want to stop wearing holes in the seams of my trousers. I want to stop feeling uncomfortable sitting in certain chairs.

It's not an appearance thing to me because I'm mostly confident enough to pull pull myself through anybody's idea of fat shaming. However, I do want to be healthier. I also want to be a good inspiration to my nieces.

I weighed 361 pounds a couple of weeks ago at a doctor's appointment. Enough is enough.

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Good Luck in your journey. And Welcome to MFP.
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I am new here but myself. But seems that this is a great place to be and many are here for support and encouragement!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Synnersam
    Synnersam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat!!! i went to the doctors about 3 weeks ago...weighed in at 371!!! Me and my wife have done a whole 180 and we feel great!!! im going to gym 3 days a week and walking 1.6 mi 2 days a week! good luck and dont give up...:happy:
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    im glad we can help you! this is a terrific helpful site! you can add me as a friend id love to support you! I feel enough is enough as well :-) we CAN do this!
  • boomrain
    boomrain Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is starting. You're there. The second hardest part is beginning that first workout...and finishing. You're just starting out, so baby steps!! Adjust your eating habits to start, do 30 minute workouts 2-3 times a week and go from there. Things will get better!! It's a long journey and it's going to be hard and you're going to have setbacks. Just don't give up!!!! Good luck!!!
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I joined and I started at 304. I am down 21lbs now and love it here. There is people here who have been through simliar things and all have a common goal. It's great having the support of others. You have a long way to go but you've done the hardest part making the decision to do it. You can do this...You got it....in the beginning I started just doing what I could do. I went for about 15 5min walks...then when I could go for 5 mins comfortably I uppsed it to 10min..and moved on up from there. I'm now doing 30-40mins most days some days more. Goodluck!!
    Angel
  • Mikeylynn
    Mikeylynn Posts: 5
    Options
    I sent you a message
  • amberjay0
    amberjay0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey i am in the same situation. feel free to add me so we can do this together woo
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me.:smile:
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Well you made the right choice in trying MFP! It took a long time to put on 360 pounds, so it will take time to get 200 off. It CAN be done! Just one day at a time. Enjoy and embrace your journey.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Don't look at the big picture too often as it can seem overwhelming and impossible. Set yourself a bunch of smaller goals and you will keep meeting those, which will give you the incentive to keep going. You can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • MTapester
    MTapester Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Luck in your journey. And Welcome to MFP.

Was 379 janurary 1st and have been slowly coming down, sitting at 328 this morning, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I'm still getting used to the site, but I figure anything that can help!
  • NudeBeachReady2013
    Options
    Hey, you can do it...I was 391 back on Jan 10th and now I am down to 330 and I have 90 lbs to go. This is a good start for you...be mindful of what you eat and get active if you arent. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one activity at a time, Drink tons of water and look into smoothies/juicing. Hope this helps!!

Go for it!!
  • design_cowgirl
    design_cowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as well! I joined Jan 1st and I'm down almost 60lbs-gradual steps, but you can do it! :)
  • tonetta69
    tonetta69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey I know you can do anything you put your mind to I'm new to mfp myself I started at 323 I'm at 307 and if you want you can add me as a Friend we can do this together best wishes