any bfast like king, lunch queen, dinner pauper NSV's?

Options
I'm start something new, I've recently heard about...

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen (or prince), dinner like a pauper.

Anyone do this and had success doing this? If so, how are you doing it/how is it working for you?

How long have you been doing this?

Replies

• juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

...and how is it considered a NSV, or "SUCCESS"?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I had a snarky answer, but I erased it :tongue:

Here's a "better' answer(s):

"Q: Where do I come up with this "stuff"? A: From my curiosity and interest...ya know, where most questions come from.

Q: "How is it considered an NSV?" A: That's what I'm asking. Ya know..."non-scale SUCCESS stories"

like this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635142-has-anyone-lost-weight-by-walking

or this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/567310-women-who-are-5-8-what-is-your-weight-goal

or this;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/637789-how-often-does-everyone-weigh-themselves

and thousands more examples:wink:

NOW...Here's a question for you...how are you doing today? Hope all is well and good with ya::smooched:
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options

i had a snarky answer, but I erased it :tongue:

Where do I come up with this "stuff"? From my curiosity and interest...ya know, where most questions come from.

How is it considered an NSV? that's what I'm asking. Ya know..."non-scale SUCCESS stories"

like this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635142-has-anyone-lost-weight-by-walking

NOW...Here's a question for you...how are you doing today? Hope all is well and good with ya::smooched:

Regardless if you think you're the bigger person for erasing your 'snarky' reply, your tone is still sarcastic, so you're not any better.

I just see A LOT of posting from you in the SUCCESS STORY section and your types of posts would be better suitable in the "General" area. I'm not a moderator, so I guess it's not up to me. I just see a lot of people posting actual successes in this section and theirs get pushed down the line because of posts like this.

Sorry to have offended you. I was just curious!

BTW, I'm having a fantastic day. Thanks for asking! :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

i had a snarky answer, but I erased it :tongue:

Where do I come up with this "stuff"? From my curiosity and interest...ya know, where most questions come from.

How is it considered an NSV? that's what I'm asking. Ya know..."non-scale SUCCESS stories"

like this:

Regardless if you think you're the bigger person for erasing your 'snarky' reply, your tone is still sarcastic, so you're not any better.

I just see A LOT of posting from you in the SUCCESS STORY section and your types of posts would be better suitable in the "General" area. I'm not a moderator, so I guess it's not up to me. I just see a lot of people posting actual successes in this section and theirs get pushed down the line because of posts like this.

Sorry to have offended you. I was just curious!

BTW, I'm having a fantastic day. Thanks for asking! :)

You're 100% right/correct...my answer(s) and/or tone was indeed still sarcastic and meant to be as well. Just not as snarky as my previous answer I erased:tongue: Not only am I NOT better or bigger than you (or anyone for that matter), but I sho aint no worse either--not better or worse, just equal I reckon:wink:

I post mainly in the Success section, because this is my "spot" and what I'm mainly after and attracted to this board particularly because of the multitudes of answers/questions and general overall positive, helpful (encouraging/insightful/inspirational) and nice spirit/attitudes I experience here on this board. I updated/ETA my post several examples of others who post similar things here, which are not taken away. I just posted 3 examples, but there are literally hundreds if not thousands more.

I totally forgive you for offending me...it's not so much that you "offended me" but as you noted with me, I "perceived" your "tone" as, ummmm :grumble: :explode:...let's say, less than civil. I'm glad to see that I was/am wrong (else you surely would not have apologized) I too apologize for offending you too with my tone/attitude and with my coming up with this "stuff" type of questions. I am like just you, no better nor worse am just curious--like you, which is why I post the things i do. :flowerforyou:

I am thrilled that you are having a great day and I asked with honest/sincere concern, curiosity and interest. Thanks again for replying and {{{{ :flowerforyou: Hugs :heart: }}}}}
  • shortstuff1822000
    Options
    Daphine Oz said that on the Chew like a million times. Love the show, but wish she drives me crazy. I have a hard time following that because I'm not a big fan of breakfast, but try to eat anyways.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Daphine Oz said that on the Chew like a million times. Love the show, but wish she drives me crazy. I have a hard time following that because I'm not a big fan of breakfast, but try to eat anyways.

Ya know, I appreciate you mentioning this so much. I ate some cherries this morning and gave a half notice to how I was "scarfing" them down. I'm going to start chewing my food better--starting with lunch Thanks for posting!!! I also had a REALLY hard time eating breakfast before this journey--so hard. But now that I've started eating breakfast, I'm going to eat huge calorie stuff now (not big portions, but big calories) for breakfast instead of dinner. I'd LOVE to see how people have done doing this and having success with it.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've heard that approach talked about. There is nothing wrong with giving it a try. If you give it a month and like the results, then good for you. If it ends up being something you don't like, then you can always switch to something else.

Ultimately, regardless of the consumption approach, it will still come down to staying at a caloric deficit and making sure your macronutrients are in order.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I prefer having my biggest meal at the end of the day. Helps me sleep well too.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    i would suggest this if you are someone who is hungrier in the morning and not so much at night. or if you have a hard time sleeping after having a big dinner.

I find, personally, that if I eat breakfast, it has to either be full of protein, a large amt of food, or both. If i eat a small breakfast I am starving an hour later.

Thats just me though, if you arent too hungry in the morning I wouldnt try to stuff yourself.

Just listen to your body and eat when you are hungry, but dont force yourself to eat. Different things work for different people.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I prefer having my biggest meal at the end of the day.

Me too, all my life...this will be something really NEW for me to try.
  • Jenniferrose194
    Jenniferrose194 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I heard this on Rachael Ray's show from Bob Harper and i've recently started doing it. I find it helps keep me fuller and more energized throughout the day to start off with my biggest meal in the morning. Not sure if its a result of following this guideline but my pants seem to be fitting better lately! :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I've heard that approach talked about. There is nothing wrong with giving it a try. If you give it a month and like the results, then good for you. If it ends up being something you don't like, then you can always switch to something else.

Ultimately, regardless of the consumption approach, it will still come down to staying at a caloric deficit and making sure your macronutrients are in order.

Yep, I was thinking about doing this for 30 days to see how it works for me or not.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I actually code my meals like that and try to eat that way most days. I do find that if I eat a larger breakfast and lunch (and lots of protein at those meals), that I am not as apt to overeat at supper - which has always been my downfall. I don't follow it religously -- as you can see if you look at my diary... but the days I do , are the days I feel my best!

AS for my NSV's -- my better control over my eating is a large one, and I look to "fuel my body", not eat. I am loosing about a pound a week, which is my goal. And I am not hungry. (I make sure I eat every few hours).....
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We have a similar saying
    Eat breakfast yourself, share your lunch with a friend, and give your dinner to your enemy
    I have read a few pro & con articles on the subject
    My personal feeling is that when we go to bed we pretty much burning lesser calories, so it is a possibility we don't lose as much or as fast, etc.
    I don't always do that but if I stop eating at 7:00 pm, I do tend to lose lbs faster
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I heard this on Rachael Ray's show from Bob Harper and i've recently started doing it. I find it helps keep me fuller and more energized throughout the day to start off with my biggest meal in the morning. Not sure if its a result of following this guideline but my pants seem to be fitting better lately! :)

Fabulous!!!!! I'm adding a lot more exercise, walking and activity and I'm hoping that eating "king-like" meals in the morning will give me more energy and stamina I need for the extra activity--we'll see. Thanks so much for your reply, it's VERY helpful and encouraging.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if this was true. Lots of people on here have some good examples and reasonings
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

There are much more important and effective things you can do. Just because there is a cute saying doesn't mean you ought to try it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Whenever I try eating my biggest meal of the day in the morning, I end up too hungry and eating too much throughout the day.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

There are much more important and effective things you can do. Just because there is a cute saying doesn't mean you ought to try it.

Yeah...but I'm going to anyway--just as an experimentation.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    We have a similar saying
    Eat breakfast yourself, share your lunch with a friend, and give your dinner to your enemy
    I have read a few pro & con articles on the subject
    My personal feeling is that when we go to bed we pretty much burning lesser calories, so it is a possibility we don't lose as much or as fast, etc.
    I don't always do that but if I stop eating at 7:00 pm, I do tend to lose lbs faster

So fabulous, love that saying too! My thinking is the same, I'm burning way less calories at bedtime. Thanks so much for your reply.