Hi Everyone! I'm new, and I excel with motivation!

Options
Hello! I'm Allie, I have gained 30+ pounds since high school, and I was shocked by this when I decided to weigh myself. At 162, this is my heaviest I have ever been, and standing at only 5'2, something really needs to be done. I do best when I have friends and buddies there to read about and help stay motivated, so the more the merrier!

Who else has done best on their weight loss journeys when they had buddies? It's the only way I can make myself last through the transition of this new lifestyle...so excited to be here!!!!

Good day to you all!

Replies

• amwarman
    amwarman Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey Allie! Thanks for adding me! I love having new people to motivate me who have decided to change their lifestyle. If you need any advice I have gotten a lot although I have not had too much success in weight loss since I just started and I have never been really "over-weight" I have learned a lot of good tips that I have been applying to my life and I hope to see results soon! We can help each other stay on track. Glad you joined MFP!
  • littleallie120
    Options
    Hey Allie! Thanks for adding me! I love having new people to motivate me who have decided to change their lifestyle. If you need any advice I have gotten a lot although I have not had too much success in weight loss since I just started and I have never been really "over-weight" I have learned a lot of good tips that I have been applying to my life and I hope to see results soon! We can help each other stay on track. Glad you joined MFP!

Hi so nice to meet you! Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement! It really helps!! Looking forward to doing this once and for all!!!!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Allie! Welcome to MPF and feel free to add me. Like you, I seemed to gain quite a bit of weight after high school and am ready to shed it all off.

Good luck to you on your weight loss.
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Hey there, we all need buddies to help! I am also relatively new here and have a long way to go…well I think I have a long way. My goal is just to be off medication, so that goal weight can be up in the air. I enjoy a “get up and go!” every day. Not everyone has that “someone” who is on their side and pushes them with kind words and actions. Feel free to add me…I can also motivate 
  • littleallie120
    Options
    Thanks guys! Good luck to you both as well!!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hello! You can add me if you are looking for more friends! welcome!