Cheats...Dirty vs. Clean

Options
I'm going to follow a new nutrition plan. At the end of the list he states that 2 cheats are allowed....1 dirty...1 clean. What does that mean exactly?

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    What nutrition plan is it? I would take a guess that "dirty" would be an item of food with almost zero nutritional value (cakes, cookies, candy, etc) and "clean" would be an unprocessed food that is otherwise forbidden by the plan.
  • michellematteson
    Options
    No clue, unless he means a "good" food versus "bad" food, like an extra piece of fruit and a piece of cake, so you don't feel too restricted. Personally I would go for a "good" treat both times, like dark chocolate or some red wine. You can indulge in something that is also good for you at the same time.
  • cjdcmom
    cjdcmom Posts: 28
    Options
    What nutrition plan is it? I would take a guess that "dirty" would be an item of food with almost zero nutritional value (cakes, cookies, candy, etc) and "clean" would be an unprocessed food that is otherwise forbidden by the plan.

This is it. Thanks for your reply
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jen-rankin-muscle-building-program.html
  • cjdcmom
    Options
    No clue, unless he means a "good" food versus "bad" food, like an extra piece of fruit and a piece of cake, so you don't feel too restricted. Personally I would go for a "good" treat both times, like dark chocolate or some red wine. You can indulge in something that is also good for you at the same time.

Thanks
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    These are vague terms however if you're following a diet plan, "dirty" almost always refer to basically whatever you want to eat. Icecream as a dinner, deep fried lard (please dont do this...thats just gross) or a nice big juicy steak.

Clean I think refers to something that fits the diet plan but you can eat more portions of some yummy food. Like If I cook chicken tikka at home, its really low calorie but I can eat lots of it, feel full but it would still be clean eating because its not loaded with unhealthy ingredients or methods of cooking
  • cjdcmom
    Options
    These are vague terms however if you're following a diet plan, "dirty" almost always refer to basically whatever you want to eat. Icecream as a dinner, deep fried lard (please dont do this...thats just gross) or a nice big juicy steak.

Clean I think refers to something that fits the diet plan but you can eat more portions of some yummy food. Like If I cook chicken tikka at home, its really low calorie but I can eat lots of it, feel full but it would still be clean eating because its not loaded with unhealthy ingredients or methods of cooking

haha mmmmm lard
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I'm going to follow a new nutrition plan. At the end of the list he states that 2 cheats are allowed....1 dirty...1 clean. What does that mean exactly?

No offense, but that new nutrition plan sounds ridiculous.
    I love what she says
    Nutrition plays such an important role in overall health and wellness, and an even bigger role when it comes to preparing for a competition, event or photo shoot.

I try to keep my body fat in check all year by eating a clean and balanced diet that includes lean meats, slow digesting carbohydrates, fresh fruits, veggies, and healthy fat sources.

If you review what she suggests, the only digesting are the carbohydrates as the meal 1. 1/3 cup, seriously ?
    Her low-carb diet is everything but what she states. Given the amount, I wonder if the a building even a fiber of one muscle will be possible.

That diet doesn't seem serious at all :-/
  • TheRUBENone
    TheRUBENone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just looked it up, BTW im a huge body building.com fan. i stay on that page. anyways i think it means dirty-can eat what ever you want, ice cream, cake, what ever, & clean-eat a little more calories then allowed but make it a wiser choice like maybe protein cookies or something along those lines. hope this helps. good luck with your routine. looks like a killer.
  • cjdcmom
    Options

No offense, but that new nutrition plan sounds ridiculous.
    I love what she says
    Nutrition plays such an important role in overall health and wellness, and an even bigger role when it comes to preparing for a competition, event or photo shoot.

I try to keep my body fat in check all year by eating a clean and balanced diet that includes lean meats, slow digesting carbohydrates, fresh fruits, veggies, and healthy fat sources.

If you review what she suggests, the only digesting are the carbohydrates as the meal 1. 1/3 cup, seriously ?
    Her low-carb diet is everything but what she states. Given the amount, I wonder if the a building even a fiber of one muscle will be possible.

That diet doesn't seem serious at all :-/

I added brown rice and a whole wheat english muffin instead of the sweet potato and rice cake
  • cjdcmom
    Options
    just looked it up, BTW im a huge body building.com fan. i stay on that page. anyways i think it means dirty-can eat what ever you want, ice cream, cake, what ever, & clean-eat a little more calories then allowed but make it a wiser choice like maybe protein cookies or something along those lines. hope this helps. good luck with your routine. looks like a killer.