I need all the friends I can get.

Options
Hi:

I am restarting MFP and I need all the friends I can get to help hold me accountable and keep me motivated. Please friend me if you can be my inspiration.

I'm 35 years old and am a type 1 diabetic who has high blood pressure and many other weight related issues. I want to start by losing 65 pounds. I NEED to do this and need lots of help.

Replies

• Secondgoround
    Options
    Hi Konzie,

You can add me if you like. I started about a month ago and have lost 9 pounds so far. That leaves me with about 70 to go. Helping and encouraging each other is what this is all about!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    feel free to add me, i'm looking for new friends as I just recently re-set my weight loss goals (lost about 50 lbs, but been stuck for over a year due to my own laziness, so now want to lose 30 to 40 more). Good luck!!
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    You can add me! I check in daily, and I also need accountability. I recently started eating cleaner foods, and that has really helped me have more energy and feel healthier. Good luck, and congratulations on making the first step!
  • venusmasontheus
    venusmasontheus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends. You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a lot of weight to lose, and I've been trying to log on every day. I need some friends, too! =)
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    Feel free to add me. we have about the same amount to lose :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! This site is awesome! I've lost 22lbs and counting since February. Congrats on joining, it's the first step to a brand new lifestyle!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Friends are great but you also need to set yourself up for success because no one can do it for you. They can root you on but you need to take the steps to get there.

What foods will you eat? Plan ahead and shop for the week accordingly.

I added things like spinach, blueberries, grapes, carrots, yogurt and almonds to my diet on a regular basis.

Up your protein as much as possible. Eat lots of chicken and fish. Eggs (modified if you are watching cholesterol) are great too and lean meats and veggies and fruit.

What exercises will you do and when?

I find that half an hour of aerobics has more results for me than an hour of walking (even with some hills) or biking but they are still good exercises for toning leg muscles and such. Mixing up exercises that you enjoy is the key to sticking with it. Be sure to include strength training exercises.

Set up mini goals and a final goal. Reward yourself with something after you reach each goal.

Log daily and stick to it and you should see results.

The key is to develop good habits for a new lifestyle for sustainable results. Go slowly and steadily.

Good luck!
  • PDuff08
    PDuff08 Posts: 9
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I will be more then willing to support you in your journey. I will also look forward to anyone impact that will keep me motivated to live a fit & healthy lifestyle.
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me too. I log in daily and try to support my friends when I can. You do have to have the internal motivation yourself but having friends can make it inspiring and more fun :)

18580408.png
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone feel free to add me as well ! I just started using the online system but Ive been using MFP for about 3 weeks now.
  • jaescimeca
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started and would love to get support as well :)
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as well. My goal is 69 pounds and I've lost 11 so far. You can do this! :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; loving giving support :-)
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :) We are all in this together! You can do it!