birth control stopping anyone?

Options
Im on the mirena, but have no children and im 23. But im only 5'6 and im 195 pounds.. i need to lose 30 pounds but it seems like nothing is falling off... anyone else with birth control seeing no change or affect ?

Replies

• PDuff08
    PDuff08 Posts: 9
    Options
    I has the same issues when I was on birth control. What I found out it was what I was eating & drinking that kept the weight on. If your a pop/soda drinker the added sugars keep the pounds on.Also if you love pasta & breads like me that is weight lose stopper. It took me almost 5 months to go from 198 to 183. Once I changed my eating habits & cut back on eating beef. I see the weight coming off faster.

I hope that helps you & wish you great success in your fitness journey.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been on difference pills for several years. For the past 7-8 months during my weight loss i have been on 2 different pills and neither affected my weight loss. I have no kids as well. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit and drink a lot of water. good luck.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got off about a month ago.. I think its too early to tell because even though I am losing weight I have been eating better and working out harder then I had been. So I guess we shall see here in a few months!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Birth control can be a part of the equation but it's not the only factor. For example, when I stopped the Pill, my first ten pounds literally disappeared. Poof. In two weeks, I'd lost ten pounds without even trying. The next six pounds have not been that easy, because they have required real effort. So birth control may be adding a certain amount of water weight, because of hormones, but it's not going to be the main factor.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Im on the mirena, but have no children and im 23. But im only 5'6 and im 195 pounds.. i need to lose 30 pounds but it seems like nothing is falling off... anyone else with birth control seeing no change or affect ?

Oooh, goodness, I cringe everytime I see someone who has Mirena. lol. I had it for 4 years with a list of horrible side effects, including weight gain of about 50 pounds...I got it removed April 5th of this year and lost 5 lbs within like 3 days of having it removed, I felt way less bloated and it has been so much easier to lose weight now. I have a little more energy, I'm not a total b*tch anymore, mood swings are not crazy like htey used to be....and the list goes on! I'm so glad I finally had the money to get it taken out, I'll never get it again, neither will a handful of my friends who have had bad experiences with it too. While at my visit gettin git taken out, my doctor said she thinks it has given me PCOS (google it if you don't know what it is, basically it stops ovulation and therefore makes it difficult to have children). So yeah, I'd say Mirena definitely hed me back in so many ways!! I'm so glad it's out and I can get my life back together, I was a totally different person on it!! I do know that everyone has a different experience on it, and there is a smal lhandful of women who love it, but everyone I've tlaked to hated it, and the majority of people online have bad reviews for it that doctors just don't warn you about. I wish all of the research was there when I got it put in and I wish I had been educated on it, because I would have never had that ou tin my body! Good luck to you though :)