your favorite summer drink?

I know that water is best but lets face it it gets boring.

I am in the process of cutting out diet soda and am looking for a water alternative when I want a little flavor in my life. I found a crystal light I like then realized it is NOT a calorie free drink :ohwell: So looking for others favorites.

SO WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DRINK DURING THE SUMMER?

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    I like SF lemonade (either Walmart's or Target's brands). I like the orange sunrise flavor in the Walmart brand, too. It tastes like Tang. I also like grape Propel Zero and some of the Powerade Zeros.
  • agb17
    agb17 Posts: 10
    i'm doing Body by Vi Shakes....i make one that is really refreshing as a meal replacement

Coconut Lime Spritzer (w/ pineapple)
    12 oz sprite zero
    2 scoops body by vi shake mix
    2 tbs fresh lime juice
    1 tsp coconut extract
    1 c frozen pineapple chuncks
    ice & blend

taste like a coconut lime pineapple sherbet :) refreshing, filling & i'm down 23 lbs since May 23rd on the shakes twice a day

ok I just read the no advertising thing so i'm takind down my website address but if you want more recipes or ideas you can add me as a friend here
  • agb17
    agb17 Posts: 10
    i also do the Crystal light packets ( but like half a little packet) in a blender w/ ice & water...just kind of makes it like a slushy thing
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Any fruity herbal tea done as iced tea. My favorites are celestial seasonings berry zinger or red zinger, I also like decaf regular teas such as decaf iced green tea or Stash's decaf raspberry white tea. I don't sweeten them, because I don't really like sweet drinks, but that keeps them at 0 calories too
  • i also do the Crystal light packets ( but like half a little packet) in a blender w/ ice & water...just kind of makes it like a slushy thing

sounds refreshing and quick and easy
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Unsweetened iced tea, either regular or green tea. Sometimes I add some lemonade to the tea for a special treat (or splurge & get one from Starbucks :smile:).

Other than that, it's just water for me. Well, and the occasional beer. :drinker:
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Iced tea - peach, strawberry, orange, the zingers from celestial seasoning all make good flavors.

I also like fresh fruit/veggie flavors - try chopping up 1 strawberry or tossing in some frozen mango or some fresh cucumber. Also, lemon and lime juice are good and you just need a tiny bit.

Finally, try herbs - mint in particular is good, but basil can also lend a nice flavor (add a bit of lime juice and it's almost an alcohol free mojito!).
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    I bought myself a Soda Stream - it uses regular water and carbonates it, so I can get the fizziness I love from diet soda without the artificial sweeteners and I don't have the expense/environmental waste of buying bottles of sparkling water.

I drink huge glasses of that with just a splash of fruit juice - and I use all different kinds of juices depending on my mood (this week I've been loving red grapefruit juice in it.)