How can i get LOTS of fibre in the smallest amount of food?

Options
2»

Replies

• bedeeda
    bedeeda Posts: 21
    Options
    Chia seeds have 6 grams of fiber per 2 tablespoons (70 calories, 7 carbs). I mix it with a cup of unsweetened almond milk and a few drops of liquid stevia, let it sit for 15 minutes. The chia seeds will thicken up almost like tapioca. It's my nighttime snack :-)

Also, you could try Fiber One cereal. There are a whopping 14 grams of fiber in 1/2 cup and only 60 calories (25 carbs). I use about a 1/3 cup and add it to my tuna or chicken salad in lieu of bread or crackers.

And, like some of the others said, veggies are a great choice!

Hope that helps!
    ~Belinda
  • LaGinny
    LaGinny Posts: 7
    Options
    Benefibre is great and has no taste if you are desperate to bump up fibre - a couple of teaspoons in your coffee or glass of water is easily done. Oat bran sprinkled on cereal or mixed into yogurt is another idea. Some protein shakes also have a good level of fibre - but be careful as some have hardly any.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    GG Bran Crisps
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Raspberries, blackberries
  • dondav12
    dondav12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ground Flax, Hemp Hearts, Coconut.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Check out www.gnufoods.com
    They sell high fiber bars that are pretty good.

Seconded. I once ate several because they do taste good. Mistake.

A Registered Dietitian recommended them.
  • dutchgal68
    dutchgal68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lentils and beans have silly amounts of fibre in them, I'm researching bean and egg dishes for a hearty breakfast choice. I need more fibre as well.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I really need to increase my fibre intake, but don't know the best way to do it with the least number of calories and foods!

Anyone have any ideas?

Recently I've been eating oatmeal mixed with whey protein - about 1 cup of this with about 1/2 scoop of whey equals about 40g of fiber. Also, fiber one products, and fiber choice chews are delicious and great (2 is a serving, and you can have up to 5!). Avocados are also great for fiber!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I really need to increase my fibre intake, but don't know the best way to do it with the least number of calories and foods!

Anyone have any ideas?

MY BREAKFAST!! Instead of oatmeal i have oatbran (just as yummy and less calories)

80g Oat bran
    2 TBSP Psyllium Husk

add chocolate protein powder and some fruit and VOILA!! you have a huge breakfast with ~30g fiber haha :)
  • aplusgeek
    aplusgeek Posts: 49
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, brown rice, greens plus.