My problem...

Options
Is late-night snacking. After the kids are in bed and I have more than 2 consecutive minutes to just chill out, all I want to do is drink a beer with my husband or grab a bowl of (baked) Cheetos and eat. I do fine all day, I eat BROCCOLI now, for Pete's sake (!!!), but the evenings are killing my progress. I'm down 36 lbs, but I've been the same weight for 2+ weeks now.

Any advice or tips?

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont see anything wrong with what you just said you do.
    Hell i have a few drinks and a burrito before I go to bed sometimes.
  • anat0my
    anat0my Posts: 15
    Options
    Juice lollypops ^^ or a weight watchers product which is low calorie. Though I've been at the same weight for 2/3 weeks and I've been reading a lot and apparently upping calorie intake by around 100 will improve weight loss. Not quite sure how, however.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I see a few solutions to your problem.

1. Don't have Cheetos in the house and buy low calorie beer.
    2. Exercise more to have calories for the Cheetos and beer.
    3. Eat less throughout the day so you have calories for the Cheetos and beer.
    4. Brush your teeth, because beer and Cheetos both taste like crap after brusing your teeth
  • righty_tighty
    righty_tighty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't figure it'd be a big deal, but the scale doesn't lie. I try and stay around 1200-1250 calories, NEVER over 1300 (unless it's my weekly cheat meal), and I really watch my sodium. I'm guessing the stagnant weight is from the snacking.

Sigh. I miss food.
  • yoovie
    Options
    or youre not exercising
    shrug
  • righty_tighty
    righty_tighty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 4 times a week; according to multiple websites and the game itself, I burn from 200-300 calories per session. And I usually don't eat those calories; I eat like I didn't work out.

Late night snacking is all I can figure it is. I also drink 100-130 ounces of water a day.
  • yoovie
    Options
    just dont be mad at the results you didnt get for the work you didnt do.
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks. I wouldn't sweat two weeks of no scale movement. Just make sure you have made room in your calories for the beer and cheetos. And if you don't have room... the teeth brushing thing really does work. I do that right after dinner and drink a big glass of cold water and I don't think about eating the rest of the night. Best Wishes
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Try eating your exercise calories back...experiment with some different things.