How to get back on track

Options
Why is it that you can be so determined and motivated one second, and then the next having a hard time even getting one gym sesh done in a week! I went from working out 5x a week, eating clean (and having the mentality to only eat for FUEL) etc, to barely getting a workout done, eat crap all day , drinkin beer, etc. This only happened because i dont want to seclude myself from the world (and my fiance!) like i have been, so i began eating junk and drinkin beer with friends etc. I think i need to plan and prepare my meals much much better, that will help i think. I dont know!

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP IT TOGETHER AND STAY ON TRACK !

Replies

• realtree2
    realtree2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am struggling with that very same thing right now. I was doing great, even completed Insanity. Then for whatever reason I stopped and now it is so hard to get things going again. The only thing I can say is keep the faith and believe in yourself. I have to constantly make my self choose between wanting to eat garbage and eventually being healthy.
    -Good Luck!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!! No will power, all I want to do is eat and do nothing.
  • jessepants
    jessepants Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's been motivating for me to take conscious breaks. Set sub-goals and go hard until you hit them, then give yourself a little time off from working out or go to a cookout and chow down. Before you take a break, set some minor boundaries and schedule your workouts immediately following - don't just wing it.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe that if i PLAN & PREPARE my meals ahead of time, it would be easier to stay on track. I would keep my focus of making sure i get enough fat, carbs, protein, etc for each meal. I think what i could do to get motivated ( other than it gives me an excuse to cook! I love it!) is to simply buy some new Tupperware. I think i am going to try this as my first step to getting back on track!!