Metabolism Slowed?

Options
I have been on MFP for over a year now and I was doing great... until recently. My suggested calorie intake was only 1770 per day. I am a 28m 255lbs. I found that it was extremely hard to eat that few calories without going nuts at the end of the day. I changed my activity level and re-adjusted my goals. I completed Insanity and did see some results but it seems as if my metabolism has slowed down. My cal's/day is now set at 2150 to lose 1.5/week, but I seem to be at a major plateau. In my last week of Insanity I over streched my knee and now only work out sparingly. Any suggestions?

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What's your BMR?
  • realtree2
    realtree2 Posts: 10
    Options
    2149 according to MFP
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You're body can get used to a certain type of exercise and diet. There are a few things I think you could do without seeing your diary.

One, check into fat blockers. Strawberries, blueberries, green tea, and almonds come to mind.

Two, change up the time you are exercising or add something to the morning (if you don't exercise in the morning already) before you eat to kick start your metabolism. I walk the dog, but I would imagine anything would work.

Three, you're not working out as much, maybe drop your cals 100 and see if that works for you. Need ideas for low cal subs? Let me know some of your fav foods and I'll see if I know of some substitutes (I'm the sub queen, believe me!!)

Finally, step back and see if anything else has changed. Stress can have a huge effect on weight loss for me even though I generally don't eat anymore than usual.

You are going to be able to do this. Awesome that you are sticking with it.

:drinker: