Mosquito Bites???

Options
mboktay
mboktay Posts: 69 Member
I guess this is the place for this subject. Anyone out there highly allergic to them. I am! I got some bites on Saturday night and they are still swollen and itchy as hell! It would be a great way to torture me for information, if I had any. :)

Does anyone have a solution? I can't take benadryl, I'd be asleep in 10 minutes and the cortisone creams just aren't working.

Thought I'd see if any of you have any ideas. I've tried it all, even toothpaste. LOL!

Replies

• MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    the internet has ruined me.

I did not expect this thread to be about real mosquito bites.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

same :/
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    We had this thread yesterday. Learn to use the search option people..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/637053-mosquito-bites?hl=mosquito+&page=1#posts-9209538
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I read once that rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the bites helps with the itching.... keep in mind though that eating the banana actually puts off a chemical in your body that attracts the mosquitos.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

Word. I thought this was the same thread I saw yesterday and for some reason I still expected little boobies. /Fail
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Word. I thought this was the same thread I saw yesterday and for some reason I still expected little boobies. /Fail

"always expect boobies"
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Even though not attractive... calamine lotion? Also have you tried the benedryl cream? These seem to work for me and mosquitoes make me itch from the time they bite until after I scratch the hell out of their bites.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    try Calagel
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Now I know why I stay away from this place. It's Not Fun, It's Not Chit Chat, It's not Games. It's a place to be rude to one another. You all have a great day and know I'm laughing and smiling at you all and sorry I did not provide the smut you were looking for. W

To those that were not, thank you!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    To those that were not, thank you!

Welcome!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb!
    cut off a piece and rub the inside part on the bites
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree. Seems to many people out there are looking for smut on a weight loss site.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I agree. Seems to many people out there are looking for smut on a weight loss site.

I love the smut I find here. It really is the very best. It always has such a personal touch.