I'm new

Options
Hi everyone, just logged onto this after been recommended by a friend. Does it really work? I need to lose weight for a holiday next year after having twin girls 11 months ago xx

Replies

• FAYESY84
    FAYESY84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. Don't know if it works, but can't hurt can it?! How much do you want to lose?
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yep sure does...if you actually put in the hard work!!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I think this site only works as well as you let it. If you do everything properly it works wonderfully - check out the "success stories" section for proof.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, just started a little over a week ago, but I've already lost 4 lbs just from fixing my habits :D
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You get out what you put in. I'm still new (only a month logging religiously) but this site has helped me immensely. It has held me accountable for my eating habits and has opened my eyes to things that I thought were healthy. AKA that salad with all the fixings...
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I only accept women friends - feel free to add me for motivation & support!

Happy Married Sailor's Wife :-)
    Jenn
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It works! i lost 24lbs last year and then stopped, gained back 14lb and now i am back. I was doing Jillian Micheal's workouts and yoga, running walking. good time.
  • twsgoody
    twsgoody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am new as well, just started a health kick since my doctor wants me to lose a few pounds and i need to fit in a dress for a friends wedding
  • pinkldy2020
    Options
    Great I've had a bad day today as I've been at work all day but I'm going to start been good as tomorrow. Not sure on how everything works on here so please feel free to give me any hints and tips xx
  • joybomb
    joybomb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new too...on day two. From all the positive feedback I'm hoping this will help me stay motivated and hold me accountable for what I'm eating and if I'm exercising. I don't have any friends yet on here, but would love to have some!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just joined this month. But the people here are very supportive. If you need a friend you can add me Peace
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    There is no humor allowed on this site. Members warned for making others laugh
  • robertasalazar
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new also. Just signed up a few minutes ago. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. I have already lost 20 pounds but have since stopped losing weight and I know it's because I haven't been exercising like I should. As a result of losing 20 pounds my dr. has taken me off my diabetic medication and wants me to start controlling it with my diet and excercise. So I'm hoping this tool with help me keep track of my diet and exercise.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    There is no humor allowed on this site. Members warned for making others laugh

^^Listen to chuck, he knows
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, but just as everything else in life it will depend on how much you put into it. People on this site are fabulous for motivation, tips, advice, recipes, great laughs, but the work is all on you!. Those you chose to have with you will be a fantastic support system if you so chose to stick with it.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    It really works, just get a good group of friends, nice mix of more experienced and new ones and go for it. Forums can be a bit tricksy as there are a lot of people who are very dedicated to their point of view, but other than that a totally awesome place to get the job done. I've been here for 235 days so far, not quitting any time soon.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Yes, but just as everything else in life it will depend on how much you put into it. People on this site are fabulous for motivation, tips, advice, recipes, GREAT LAUGHS but the work is all on you!. Those you chose to have with you will be a fantastic support system if you so chose to stick with it.

THERE IS NO LAUGHING ALLOWED
  • twsgoody
    twsgoody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, but just as everything else in life it will depend on how much you put into it. People on this site are fabulous for motivation, tips, advice, recipes, GREAT LAUGHS but the work is all on you!. Those you chose to have with you will be a fantastic support system if you so chose to stick with it.

THERE IS NO LAUGHING ALLOWED

this guy has a point losing weight isnt no laughing matter, its serious
  • CinRyan
    CinRyan Posts: 16
    Options
    It absolutely does work! But, as others have said, you have to use the tools and modify your eating habits.
    I'm down about 18 pounds in 5 weeks.

Feel free to add me.

Ryan
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! This is a really good site!