shout out to P90x!!!

Options
I just wanted to share a success story!!!
I have been doing P90x and (some other additional cardio) as well for the last 8 weeks.
I just got my body fat retested, and after 8 weeks I lost 8% body fat!!! YEAH YEAH
I also have lost weight and inches! (5.5 inches of my hips)
I am so excited to finally be getting into the shape I always wanted, not just loosing weight but doing it right and getting healthy.
This site has really helped with my success... Thanks everyone!

Replies

• joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Congrats! This makes me excited! I am doing p90x right now I am only 2 weeks into it so I am looking forward to great results like you!
  • cwkwhite
    Options
    I have had the P90X program for about 1.5 years now and I have only make it through about 3 workouts then I stop.... (lack of modivations mostly). I just signed up for this website today, perhaps this will be the modivation that I need to get all the way through the whole program???
    297165.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    wow, great job, I am also doing this workout, I chose the lean version...I have lost only 4 % body fat , I have lost inches, and feel stronger, but I start week 9 tomorrow and I am going to add extra cardio also to see if that helps..plus I am really going totrack the food....
    Great Job, Congrats!
    Debra
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear about your success!!! I just ordered mine yesterday and I am ready to start. Can't wait to get it. :smile:

Blessings,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!!!
    Just don't give up, even when it is hard and you will be happy with the results.
    I will admit there are still things in the videos that I cant do, but I "do my best and forget the rest" :wink:
  • nbala
    nbala Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for the past 23 weeks. I first did P90X lean and am now doing the regular routine.

At my heaviest (which was a year ago) I weighed 200 lbs. I am now 130lbs (height 5'3") and have lost over 18 inches!!. I have gone from the obese class to well within the normal weight range.

I have never been one to stick to diet plans or exercise schedules, but P90X really does offer so much variety, that I never get bored. Good luck to all of you starting P90X.

DECIDE. COMMIT. SUCCEED
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    NBALA,
    Wow that is so great!!! 70 pounds in a year!
    Did you see results with your first round of the lean version? I am just not seeing the weight melt off like I would think would happen with these workouts, they are tough, tough, tough. DId you stick to the eating plan or your own?
    Thanks for posting I was just thinking I should try something else...but if it can work this good for you, I'll hang in there. I'm in week 9 of the lean version, I have only lost 6 pounds.
    I was wondering if I should switch the the classic version, but instead I have started adding more cardio this week.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Debra
  • nbala
    nbala Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Debra,

To be honest, I lost about 9 lbs by week 9. After that, the weight started dropping drastically. More than that, my core felt stronger. Make no mistake, those first two months were HARD (As I'm sure you know)!!! Also, if you want to REALLY energize, I did lean, but as a doubles program:

Basically, that means I added the 45 min cardio video 3 times a week on top of the regular routine.

I'm a vegetarian, so I found it hard to stick to the diet plan. I reduced my fat/junk food intake, but the BIGGEST change was from eating 3 meals a day to eating every 3 hours. This made a HUGE difference. my portions are smaller but more frequent (and healthy!).

Stick to the program, but remember that the food you eat is just as important as the exercise you do :-)

Hope that helps!

Niv
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hi Debra,

To be honest, I lost about 9 lbs by week 9. After that, the weight started dropping drastically. More than that, my core felt stronger. Make no mistake, those first two months were HARD (As I'm sure you know)!!! Also, if you want to REALLY energize, I did lean, but as a doubles program:

Basically, that means I added the 45 min cardio video 3 times a week on top of the regular routine.

I'm a vegetarian, so I found it hard to stick to the diet plan. I reduced my fat/junk food intake, but the BIGGEST change was from eating 3 meals a day to eating every 3 hours. This made a HUGE difference. my portions are smaller but more frequent (and healthy!).

Stick to the program, but remember that the food you eat is just as important as the exercise you do :-)

Hope that helps!

Niv

Niv,
    Thank You so much for the encouragement...I just added more cardio this week so hopefully I will see some results..as far as the food goes, I think I am doing pretty well, I don't eat much meat, only chicken and turkey for dinners a few time a week ( but I have smaller portions), I have been having lots of the protien shakes, friuts, veggies, salads. I am trying to eat more whole foods, raw. I am also trying to eat every few hours also, does take some getting used to!
    Thanks again for your post...I'm hanging in there..finished ab ripper/ shoulders& arms, then went for a 30 minutes run this morning and I'm feeling good right now.
    Decide Commit Succeed!
    Have a great day!