My gym must be on drugs...

Options
Not really if this would fall under the food or workout category.. but I just had to share this! :tongue:

Nearly everyday after work I go to the gym.. there is one in the bottom floor of our building. Anyway, I walk in this evening and this overwhelming smell of food is present.. right in the middle of the gym they had a huge 4-table spread of food.. fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw - trust me it wasn't like a healthy version or anything either.. I was in shock and all of these people were standing around in their workout clothes totally chowing down... this gym happens to be the same one that sponsors the biggest loser - I couldn't help but think this was their version of those temptation challenges they have! ha..

I just couldn't believe it! Had to share... as much as I love comfort food, I can't imagine standing IN A GYM and consuming all those calories!

what on earth were they thinking?? :laugh:

Replies

• mmcdonald1230
    Options
    Not really if this would fall under the food or workout category.. but I just had to share this! :tongue:

Nearly everyday after work I go to the gym.. there is one in the bottom floor of our building. Anyway, I walk in this evening and this overwhelming smell of food is present.. right in the middle of the gym they had a huge 4-table spread of food.. fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw - trust me it wasn't like a healthy version or anything either.. I was in shock and all of these people were standing around in their workout clothes totally chowing down... this gym happens to be the same one that sponsors the biggest loser - I couldn't help but think this was their version of those temptation challenges they have! ha..

I just couldn't believe it! Had to share... as much as I love comfort food, I can't imagine standing IN A GYM and consuming all those calories!

what on earth were they thinking?? :laugh:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    That's nuts! I would be annoyed! That remindes me, the other day I was on the eliptical machine at my jym and smelled some seriously delicious food. I looked over to see one of the trainers chowing down on greasy take out from the Japanese place next door. (I love that place too; awsome sushi) It made me laugh (because she has a big butt for a trainer and now I see why), but I was a little flabergasted too.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

I go to the same gym here in my area. And every once in a while they have events where they have food in our gym as well, but at least they bring in brown rice, grilled chicken & steamed veggies. They usually get it from the same place down the street that caters to healthy eating, so it's not so bad. But if I had walked in and saw fried chicken and all that fattening stuff, I would have a word with the manager, or at least send an e-mail to their corporate office. It's just not good business to be promoting non-healthy eating inside of a gym. You're right, they must have been on drugs.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    my gym always has protein bar samples or power drink samples but at least once a month they get a huge cake or bagels for who knows what kind of celebration other than to keep all of us dependent on them...lol
  • mmcdonald1230
    Options
    Thats what my FI said.... job security.. :wink:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    They were probably watching in the sidelines writing everyone's name down that went to that table and then were planning an attack on them to join them for another year membership or a personal trainer!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    right in the middle of the gym they had a huge 4-table spread of food.. fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw - trust me it wasn't like a healthy version or anything either.. I was in shock and all of these people were standing around in their workout clothes totally chowing down...

You NEED to write a letter and copy the corporate offices. That is the most absurd thing a gym could to do its members - hypocrits!! Power of One - write the letter!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    They were probably watching in the sidelines writing everyone's name down that went to that table and then were planning an attack on them to join them for another year membership or a personal trainer!

So funny!

But really, you shouldn't be assaulted by the smell of fried chicken when you are going to work out. That is crazy!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Aren't there also safety concerns? There shouldn't be food/drink in a gym that can spill. You should have pretended to slip in some mashed potato and sued the whole establishment! LOL, my gym doesn't even allow healthy food inside, water only......
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    OMGosh! I've never heard of such a thing! That's nuts! :noway:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thats the trainers plot to get ppl fat so they make more money lol :tongue: