weight fluctuation

Options
Dear FTP Friends: For the past 3 weeks my weight fluctuated from 2 to 4 lbs differences a day, at times I would have up to 5lbs difference in a week. It is so hard to track my progress when one day I lose, and the next day I gain. I have been eating around 1200 - 1300 calories a day, and working out 2-3 times per week. I am doing the best I can to control my sodium intake and drinking enough water. I am so discouraged and just don't understand what I am doing wrong....

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    only weigh yourself 1st thing in the am, that's it. and if you can only do it once a week on the same day and time.... i will gain a few lbs a day too depending on what i eat and drink.. so i only go by the number 1st thing in the am...
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the afternoon as I weigh less at that time during the day. After I have had enough water intake I think I release my water and by the afternoon I am usually my least of the day. I am a daily weigher but sometimes that can bring me down and make me feel bad about myself in a non productive way. My favorite weigh in day is Friday afternoon because I always stick to my diet Mon-Fri and see the best results. Weekends are very hard as menu options grow and I have three kids to feed non diet food.

If you weigh yourself a lot, then you should be able to determine your "lowest" time in the day and which day of the week. Pick that one and use it for your weigh in day.

=)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Agreed, weigh yourself the same time each day (as mentioned) or go to once a week. Further, weigh after the same activity or non-activity.

Maybe tracking inches would work better than pounds? Much less variation I think.