I can't stop eating!

lailavendar
lailavendar Posts: 21
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I can't believe what I did today. For breakfast, which is just one meal, I consumed 900 calories. 900!!!!
How do you recover from that? I still have to eat lunch and dinner. What do I do? Help!!!:sad:

Replies

• although you can't take back what you've already eaten, you can eat healthy the rest of the day. The one mistake that most people, (Including me) make is they figure they already blew it by eating too much for breakfast, might as well blow the rest of the day. That is a huge mistake though, because then you are adding more calories. I would say eat as you usually would for lunch and dinner regardless of what you ate for breakfast, and just chalk that up to a mistake. We all make them. Don't be too hard on yourself, we are all human.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Me too!:laugh: I found my Waffle Machine this morning. So I must have eaten 900 calories too? 3 each (1/4" thin) waffles about 6" wide).

Yes...with 2 TBSP Syrup for each waffle. So that's 3 waffles with 6 TBSP Sryup....No lunch for me today or Dinner either. . . . .. YIKES STRIPES:noway: :noway: :noway:

Guess we won't do that again:grumble:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: Get away from your computer, get away from your kitchen.........take a walk, put on an exercise video, ride your bike, run,........do some exercise..........and do better for the rest of the day and the rest of your life one day at a time.......and don't beat yourself up
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    I would highly recommend you log in what you are going to eat BEFORE you eat it. Sometimes it's a shock to see how many calories are in something. Then you can adjust it before it hits your mouth. Never give up. Thank goodness for second and more chances.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    All I can say is EXERCISE!! Get on the treadmill, bike path, elliptical....whatever! Just burn as much as you can and eat healthy the rest of the day! Don't think you've blown it because most likely, if you get out of that negative thinking ASAP, you won't have a gain and even might have a loss if you recover quickly!

Good luck!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    If I ever make a big mistake, I eat the rest of my meals as normal, although they are definitely lower calorie (I usually have 600 cals for dinner so cutting down for me would be 300). You aren't going to go over your 1200 by 3500, so you won't gain anything. Just get back at it tomorrow and exercise today and tomorrow if you can.
  • sOup. about two cups of any light soup will be 120-150 calories, thats two servings, and very filling. grab a sodium free if they have one you'd actually eat.
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Progresso Lentil Soup is 300 calories per can and it's great because it's very filling. Lots of fiber and protein. That's what I do. I promise you won't be hungry.

And like somebody else said: exercise. I couldn't resist making chocolate chip pancakes this morning so I just finished my three mile run in this beautiful whether and in about 30 minutes, I'll take a spin class. This making me feel a lot better about those pancakes and the day is not ruined.

Good luck.
  • Just because you drop one egg out of a dozen, do you throw the other 11 on the floor too?
    No. Just get back on track. Giving up makes things a lot worse. You can do it!

:wink:
  • I felt the same way today. I had to work this morning and woke up late this morning so I did not have time for breakfast. So I stopped for breakfast, Well I did not have time to take a lunch as we got so busy. So guess what. Now the bad thing is I made last night my cheat night. Pretty much the only thing I can do is get back on track work extra hard this week with working out.
This discussion has been closed.