In love with my shirataki tofu noodles

Options
I just found these noodles at my local Whole Foods. And..I LOVE THEM!

They are a great base for just about anything...

LOW CARB - only 3g of carbs per serving
LOW CALORIE - 20 calories per 4 oz serving
FIBER - 2g per serving
NO SUGAR
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE and Vegan!

What an awesome alternative...I give kudos to my friends who told me about these.

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just bought some last night. I'm making Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo tonight. Kinda nervous. Hope I (and most importantly my family) like these.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    I made a pad Thai with them this weekend and it was delicious. Make sure you rinse them really well before you par boil them.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with rinsing them however, you need not even par boil them. Soak them in hot water (while rinsing) add your hot toppings, IE: veggies, etc. That usually is enough. The noodles don't require cooking! How awesome is that? I love these in stir fries!

My only suggestion, don't smell them! LOL - They don't tast like they smell. (thankfully)
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I saw a suggestion on here that is supposed to help with texture and smell. Obviously rinse very well with hot water and pat dry but it is suggested to dry fry them with a bit of cooking spray. This is supposed to help with the texture and make them more wheat noodle like.
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love these noodles! I can now find them in regular grocery stores besides whole foods.
    The macaroni shape has a pretty good mac and cheese recipe on it.
    Today for lunch I made the spaghetti ones with some tomato sauce, mushrooms and TVP and had a meatless lunch!
    Last weekends Hungry Girl show on the food network had a great sounding Veggie low mein recipee using the spaghetti ones that i cant wait to make!
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    Unfortunately where I live I have to drive about an hour to get them.