Breakfast nd carbs - :(

Options
Hi there, Just totaled up my breakfast and OMG the 2 pieces of 6 grain bread result - 30 carbs!
Well there goes my egg on toast idea!

Does anyone else have a suggestion for breakfasts that is FAST and low carb but FULLING!? I'm very busy
with work so dont have much time to prepare meals.

It is so hard to cover those criteria's but I'm honestly loosing nothing and I've come the conclusion its because
i'm eating far to much carbs.

Replies

• Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (any kind of egg), turkey bacon or turkey sausage, low carb toast, cheese and turkey roll ups, almonds, last nights left overs, strawberries, raspberries (any berry)...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    flax/almond meal muffins/buns
  • lizziem90
    lizziem90 Posts: 22
    Options
    Try weetabix or bran flakes but tbh they are also carby .... or failing that cook just eggs and have them low calories, good for protein and low in sugar ....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with the toast; just make a couple eggs (poached, scrambled, fried) and have bacon or smoked salmon or sausage, and often have a piece of fruit like melon, berries or grapefruit. The fruit is the highest carb thing, but it's the overall daily total that counts anyway.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of yoghurt with just a sprinkling of muesli to give it a bit of a crunch! Why dont you just have one slice of bread with your egg, add some tomatoes and mushrooms etc to bulk it up a bit
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    make an omelette with good meats and lil cheese and mushrooms. it'll be more satisfying than a simple egg sammy
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with the toast; just make a couple eggs (poached, scrambled, fried) and have bacon or smoked salmon or sausage, and often have a piece of fruit like melon, berries or grapefruit. The fruit is the highest carb thing, but it's the overall daily total that counts anyway.

yum
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i have 2 eggs with 1/2 slice of toast (then get most of my carbs in after the gym).
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs

also this
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Eggs w/ heavy whipping cream, bacon, pork sausage, chopped ham, steak, avocado, and almost any and all cheeses.
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    What about a low carb wrap? La Tortilla makes a bunch of different kinds.
  • smokedtrout
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for all of your suggestions!

Autho I must admit I didnt think that bacon and sausages were ok to eat!

Right after course tonite i'll plan and go shopping!

I also enjoy the idea of yoghurt with something sprinkled on the top.....could anyone
    please tell me how to judge a good yoghurt! because I spent 30min last week looking @ them all in the supermarket and was
    going to myself ahhhhh?! And walked away with nothing!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Just totaled up my breakfast and OMG the 2 pieces of 6 grain bread result - 30 carbs!
    Well there goes my egg on toast idea!

Does anyone else have a suggestion for breakfasts that is FAST and low carb but FULLING!? I'm very busy
    with work so dont have much time to prepare meals.

It is so hard to cover those criteria's but I'm honestly loosing nothing and I've come the conclusion its because
    i'm eating far to much carbs.

"far too many"

that said.....Do you have diabetes? PCOS?
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options

Autho I must admit I didnt think that bacon and sausages were ok to eat!

Only in Communist Russia is it not ok to eat bacon and sausage.
  • rheyl21
    rheyl21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Swap for an english muffin or those arnold sandwich thins. Both of those will help cut back on carbs.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs

Perfect!
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you still want bread, gluten free has less calories and carbs. 160 cals, and 20g of carbs in 2 slices! scrambled egg whites, spinach and mushrooms OR smoothies .. unsweetended almond milk, half a banana, 1/2 (or under) or frozen berries, flax oil (only if you want) and coconut extract. Delicious! Banana maple gluten free instant oatmeal is also very filling, tastes the same as normal oatmeal but less cals! :bigsmile:
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Any kind of protein is great at breakfast...a greek yogurt, eggs, something with natural peanut butter.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    low carb/high fiber tortillas--FiberOne makes one, and Ole Mission makes one...

Every morning I eat 2 eggs, 4 slices of soy bacon, a low carb/high fiber tortilla--about 350 calories, 20 carbs, 9 fiber ( so 11 net carbs). It fills me up and gets me through a 500 calorie workout. Many times I am not hungry for lunch, but I make myself eat a salad anyway.