11 weeks to holiday HELP!!!!!

Options
I've just realised it is only 11 weeks till I go on holiday! YIKES!!!
I don't want to set myself a completely unacheivable target because that will put me off straight from the word go but to give you an idea of what I have to work with here..

I am 5'2"
SW 187lbs
CW 181lbs
GW 145lbs

I have a HUGE sticky out belly which is completely disproportionate to the rest of my body in my opinion and I keep being asked how long till my baby is due! (I'm NOT pregnant by the way)

The most I have ever lost in 1 week is 3lbs but normally I am round about the 1lb mark.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable target and some helpful hints and tips to stay on track?

Thanks

Fudgecube xxx

Replies

• serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    well the most you should gain is about 2 pounds so its never fast...often when you start losing you will lose more to start though. No one asks if I am pregnant but I feel I look that way...UGH
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating bread for a week and lost 6lb. I never used to lose more than 2lb in a week, so this was a huge amount for me. I used to tell myself it was ok, because I was eating granary bread.

Bread is so very tasty, and I love it, but lets be real, it has no nutritional value at all, is full of salt and we load it with fat (butter).

You cut out bread, completely, for one week, drink loads of water, about 4 pints a day, and you will not only lose inches, lose weight, have better skin, and be less sluggish and bloated, but you will find yourself being more adventurous with food to replace those sandwiches etc.

Good luck, I believe you can achieve your goal :)
  • righty_tighty
    righty_tighty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs in 12 weeks; it can be done! In the meantime, buy a bathing suit with ruching (sp?); very forgiving to a rounded tummy
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Can I be honest here? The weight loss might not make the belly go away. My belly is very happy being a belly and is the last thing I lose unless I work at it.

So, I do ab work. I don't like ab work. It's not like say, running, where I can listen to music and be inspired. It's friggin' crunches and sit ups and oblique's and leg raises and butt tucks and internal abs (I really hate holding my breath for these). I started out slow. 3 sets of 12 crunches. I thought I was going to die. But now I'm at 3 sets of 60 crunches (although the experts say anything over 20 is redundant). I can do 6" inch killers with my kid. I went from holding my internal abs tight for 8 seconds to holding them tight for 15 seconds.

It works. It works well. People often tell me how thin I am. I'm 5'1" at still 135 lbs but I wear a size 6 (my 8's are too big now) and a size 4 or 2 in Coldwater Creek clothes (yes, I buy them because I am vain!!). I can even wear a bikini (high waisted, I am 42 years old, way over the string phase) and not be totally embarrassed.

That being said, I think you can lose the weight. I think you will enjoy your vacation so much more if you do.

:flowerforyou: