RESPECT

Options
Najay
Najay Posts: 273 Member
I recently started the C25K program and I can now say that I have a new found respect for runners. They make it looks so easy and effortless. When I see runners, I wanna scream, GO AHEAD WITH YOUR BAD SELF. YOU DESERVE RESPECT.

After my first run I was tired, but happy that I completed it. I was estatic that I was able to keep my skin from not passing out on the concrete. The fact that I didn't vomit in the neighborhood was a plus!!!!!! It is hard to get the whole breathing thing down to where your lungs don't feel like they are on fire.

I refuse to give up after completing W3D3 yesterday, even though it wasn't my best run. I will finish this program, even if I do scrape my knees along the way.

To all the runners out there, take a bow.

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Yeah runners are pretty fabulous.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! And hey, sounds like your one of us now. It gets easier, trust me. Just keep at it. I went from never having run before to doing a full marathon. It took me two years, but I did it:)
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Ahhh.. gotta love the burn!!! But it will get easier!!! Great job!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    well said!!! I'm a jogger too now, started 3/4 weeks ago and im looooving it!!! well done you! x
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the breathing is pretty important. :laugh: You can do it! Great job! I keep telling myself - I'm slow, but still running.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i HATE running, jogging whatever. why? because i'm not good at it lol
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Take a bow yourself for getting started! The hardest run any runner makes is the first one, just getting up and out the door is half the battle.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Did my first session yesterday and it was hard although not quite as bad as I was expecting. I can feel my knees today but they are not actually aching. Going to stick with it but think I may have to do week one a few times! :) I swim and find that much easier than jogging (I am not going to call what I do running because it is way too slow!). I definitely got out of breath and sweaty so its going to help with the weight loss and fitness. Much respect to all you runners out there!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do it do it do it! :bigsmile: As the weeks progress and the running increases, don't let it scare you - you will be amazed at what you can do!

You will have good runs and not-so-good runs through the c25k program and beyond - it just happens. I'm a c25k graduate and on the 10k program now - some days I feel like Super Girl and some days I feel like a slug. But keep at it, go as slow as you need to - you can do it! :flowerforyou:

People will be driving past YOU and saying: GO AHEAD WITH YOUR BAD SELF. YOU DESERVE RESPECT. :wink:
  • Najay
    Options
    i HATE running, jogging whatever. why? because i'm not good at it lol

But that should give you the drive and motivation to start. I'm not good at it either, but it was a goal of mine to become a runner. Gotta start somewhere.
  • Najay
    Options
    Do it do it do it! :bigsmile: As the weeks progress and the running increases, don't let it scare you - you will be amazed at what you can do!

You will have good runs and not-so-good runs through the c25k program and beyond - it just happens. I'm a c25k graduate and on the 10k program now - some days I feel like Super Girl and some days I feel like a slug. But keep at it, go as slow as you need to - you can do it! :flowerforyou:

People will be driving past YOU and saying: GO AHEAD WITH YOUR BAD SELF. YOU DESERVE RESPECT. :wink:

Thanks, you give me hope. I praise you on your accomplishment of a 10K.
  • Najay
    Options
    Yeah, the breathing is pretty important. :laugh: You can do it! Great job! I keep telling myself - I'm slow, but still running.

It doesn't matter how slow your pace is, as long as you keep going.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice work. I started it in March and trust me, the early weeks are the toughest.

Respect to you for getting through it!

I ran 8km the other day. For fun. It's craziness. :D