Here I am!

Options
Wow, do I have a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG way to go. Reality is kicking me in the rear today. Anyone who wants to give me a push, please do so!:noway:

Replies

• TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    78 pounds ago, I had a long way to go and now its not far at all. Try the best you can, there will be bad days but don't let those get in the way of your goals. Good luck to you, I know you can do it!!!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Thank you so much! Congrats on your 78 lbs. lost! I look forward to the day my ticker reads that!

207063.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, do I have a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG way to go. Reality is kicking me in the rear today. Anyone who wants to give me a push, please do so!:noway:

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • bluenote
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! Right now I feel swamped but I'll eventually get it! :bigsmile:
  • cajun2
    cajun2 Posts: 15
    Options
    :laugh: This is Momma J- I total know what you mean. Swamped is my middle name. I had a minor set back in October but am coming back stronger than ever. So health issues forced me away from the computer and keeping up on my tracking.
    Try doing your meals a week in advance, same for your exercise- one week at a time and you will find it easier to keep track of everything- less out of control.
    Wish me luck too, coming back after a month is really hard- but I was doing so well before I know I can do it again.
    Peace Sister!
    Good Luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, Momma J! I am so glad you are coming back stronger than ever. And thanks for the advice - wow, I am not sure if I can swing planning my meals a week in advance. My life is crazy and pretty much I barely have time to think of what I will eat for that particular meal I am at! I do see, though, how planning ahead can help. Good luck and keep in touch! _ zora
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, Momma J! I am so glad you are coming back stronger than ever. And thanks for the advice - wow, I am not sure if I can swing planning my meals a week in advance. My life is crazy and pretty much I barely have time to think of what I will eat for that particular meal I am at! I do see, though, how planning ahead can help. Good luck and keep in touch! _ zora

See, I find it fairly easy to plan in advance, since I tend to eat the same things for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Then it's just suppers, but again, I pretty much stick to certain things each and every week. I might be boring that way, but I sure love the being in total control of my food, and not my FOOD being in control of ME! :laugh: :happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. You can do this. You have already taken a great first step by joining MFP and sharing with us. Remember that this is a life long journey, not a race. There will be bad days, but there will also be amazing "I can't believe I did that" days and in the end it will all be worth it. We are here for you!:flowerforyou: