Feels like giviing up :(

Options
I am really struggling and hoping that someone can give me some advice. I have been dieting since Jan and the weight came off pretty steady in the beginning. But now I just can't seem to drop any weight. At first I was counting calories and doing the eliptical and then in April my progress started slowing down. This month I decided to change things up and I started doing the 30ds I am on day 20 and I have still not lost any pounds and only a 1/2 of my stomach and 1/2 inch of my breast. I increased my calories and I gained weight. I desperately want to lose AT LEAST another 9 pounds but I am to the point of where i feel like its just a waste of my time and to just be comfortable with where I am. My starting weight was 197 CW 169 GW 150. I am doing the 30ds and just started adding the biggest loser cardio max but before I was doing elliptical/walking along with 30 ds. My calorie intake is 1400-1600 and I am drinking 90-100 ounces of water a day. Any suggestions????

Replies

• Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just checked my BMR again and it says 1452....so maybe I am eating to much????
  • Dembek
    Dembek Posts: 3
    Options
    Up your walking by 1/2 mile. Everytime I hit a wall I would increase my walking or added a weight vest to my body while I was walking I would start to see better results. Keep up the great work. This is tough. Your doing great!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    You arent eating too much--your sedentary burn is 1742 (that's no exercise) so you're creating a good deficit--be patient. That's all I can tell you. Put the scale away for an entire month and just go back to it later.
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    Up your walking by 1/2 mile. Everytime I hit a wall I would increase my walking or added a weight vest to my body while I was walking I would start to see better results. Keep up the great work. This is tough. Your doing great!

I have actually quit walking and picked up the biggest loser cardio max. Maybe I need to move up to 8lb weights instead of 5??
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. First you may not be losing pounds on the 30ds but you are losing inches. You are at a plateau and you need to bust on through it, of course it's easier said than done. I would change it up. If you are working on a treadmill or an elliptical do intervals push yourself for a few mins like you never had then relax it a bit then push again and so on. Don't up your food if you gained weight or lower you calories but look at what you are eating. It more balanced diet. You might be comfortable in your diet and your work outs and your body is reflecting that. Challenge it. See what happens. If you need some support feel free to add me.
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    Don't give up. First you may not be losing pounds on the 30ds but you are losing inches. You are at a plateau and you need to bust on through it, of course it's easier said than done. I would change it up. If you are working on a treadmill or an elliptical do intervals push yourself for a few mins like you never had then relax it a bit then push again and so on. Don't up your food if you gained weight or lower you calories but look at what you are eating. It more balanced diet. You might be comfortable in your diet and your work outs and your body is reflecting that. Challenge it. See what happens. If you need some support feel free to add me.

I actually did switch things up with the 30ds and the biggest loser cardio dvd and I thought that would break my plateau, but it didn't. I think I am gonna try Insanity next.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If you stick with 30ds you should try a heavier weight. I'm a firm believer that weight lifting and adding muscle is critical to sustaining and increasing your metabolism. If you switch over to Insanity, try to add in a couple sessions of weight training a week. Best of luck and don't give up!!!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't have any food advice/workout advice, what works for one may not work for the other. BUT what I can say is don't give up! It's a struggle but you CAN/WILL get to your GW, trust me slow and steady will win this race. Remember we didn't get overweight over night so we won't come off overnight either.. Keep pushing, keep going and you will see the results you are looking for.
  • fight4newme
    fight4newme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all great progress! I know it's quite frustrating when you hit a plateu but you have to just stick with it. Maybe you should alternate cardio with strength training? Or make some changes in your diet. I know that after dieting for so many months you must have some favourite safe foods so you can change them. Also you could fluctuate your intake. Like 1600 one day and 1200 another? Also you might have not lost inches but maybe you have better definition? When I'm feeling down and want to quit I look at a photo of mine in a bikini at my HW and me in the same bikini now. That helps.
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    Hi! First of all great progress! I know it's quite frustrating when you hit a plateu but you have to just stick with it. Maybe you should alternate cardio with strength training? Or make some changes in your diet. I know that after dieting for so many months you must have some favourite safe foods so you can change them. Also you could fluctuate your intake. Like 1600 one day and 1200 another? Also you might have not lost inches but maybe you have better definition? When I'm feeling down and want to quit I look at a photo of mine in a bikini at my HW and me in the same bikini now. That helps.

Yes I do have my ordinary foods lol. I am such a picky eater! I'm trying to force myself to like more vegetables, but it isn't working so well. But the ones that I do like I eat them like everyday, and I eat chicken every day as well :(
  • fight4newme
    fight4newme Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Yes I do have my ordinary foods lol. I am such a picky eater! I'm trying to force myself to like more vegetables, but it isn't working so well. But the ones that I do like I eat them like everyday, and I eat chicken every day as well :(

Maybe you should try something different than chicken? Fish perhaps once a week? I try to eat chicken twice a week, fish once, vegetable dishes twice, legumes twice and a day with carbs once. For lunch that is.