Rewards for meeting your goals?

Options
SmallMimi
SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
Has anyone set a reward for meeting a goal? Mine?

Zipline tour with my family when I was under 170 pounds May 2012, would have hated admitting to the tour group how much I weighed last November. I was so close to the weight limitations for participation before losing the weight.

Ziptour.jpg

Replies

• TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    A sense of accomplishment, new wardrobe, a wedding, and possibly some sky diving.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Surf school in Mexico and covering one of my tats that I don't love with a new one.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    Getting a tattoo after I lose 20 lbs. Mom's buying me a new wardrobe when I reach my final goal.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    definitely a new wardrobe! Every week I lose--$10 goes in the clothing fund. I hope it'll be decent sized when I'm buying smaller clothes! :)

and then there's also some clothes from high school that I've hung onto over the years, saying, "i'll fit back into those!"

I can't wait for that day, either :)
  • smcwllms
    smcwllms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I lost 50 lbs, it was a pair of gaming headphones.

When I lost 100 lbs, it was a compact .45 backup pistol. I also did 100 pushups as a celebration.

Goal weight, I haven't decided. I will probably buy a car.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that zipline thing sounds like a nice idea... i was always kinda close to the weight limit for it so i said i would never do it... maybe i should consider it again :-p

i thought of a tattoo when i get to my goal weight...
  • leb747
    leb747 Posts: 4
    Options
    Finally feeling good about how I look again! Reward eough for me.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    A new wardrobe and hopefully less health problems! I can't wait!
  • SmallMimi
    Options
    Hmm, that zipline thing sounds like a nice idea... i was always kinda close to the weight limit for it so i said i would never do it... maybe i should consider it again :-p

i thought of a tattoo when i get to my goal weight...

The Zipline tour was fantastic! 3 hours of flying!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Lots of clothes, but I want a pair of crazy expensive jeans when I get to my goal.

I also consider salsa a reward, I would never have learned to dance before when I was fat.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This might sound strange but, to me exercise is its own reward... I say this because I have not been able to do my regular workouts because I injured by left foot... But, I had been able to keep my weight under control because I reduced my calorie intake to compensate...

I will begin my journey back to my normal life tomorrow 6-20-12... I have a physical therapy appointment... I am also going to ask the physical therapist if water exercises in a swimming would be a good idea...
  • taniaxkoi
    taniaxkoi Posts: 18
    Options
    My reward is a new wardrobe and feeling better!!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Man, your rewardl is so much cooler than mine! I would love to do that!!! When I break 200, I'm gonna get myself a pair of Toms. haha :D
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like your milestone. My husband had once proposed a similar one for himself, and now I feel inspired to remind him of that one. We gained weight together, but thus far, I've been the one doing most of the weight-loss :/

For myself, I have a whole reward schedule set up as I hit milestones. I'm really slow at losing weight and need the reinforcement. Most are cute things like manicures, new shoes, or a massage.

My healthy BMI milestone will be the newest iphone available when I hit that mark. This may seem odd since BMI is not the most useful body composition marker, but my original intent has always been to protect my health, and (along with my weight) this is what shows up on my doctor's screen...currently in red because I am still considered overweight.

My ideal weight milestone will be rewarded with a designer vintage (or vintage inspired) swimsuit, a tattoo (I currently have none), and of course a new wardrobe :)
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good mental health...I need that very much. But I never thought about rewarding myself. Maybe it's because I haven't weighed in yet, but it's only been 2 weeks.
  • SmallMimi
    Options
    Good mental health...I need that very much. But I never thought about rewarding myself. Maybe it's because I haven't weighed in yet, but it's only been 2 weeks.

It's not so much a reward, as it is doing something that I wouldn't have considered when I weighed 230 pounds. How many times has my family elected not to do something due to my weight, either due to weight limitations or because they knew I'd be uncomfortable. Just didn't know what else to call it other than rewards.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't even thought of a reward, but now that you mention it I should :O We don't have zip lining here, but we do have a skydiving program. I've always wanted to try that :bigsmile: Or I'll just get myself a new outfit or video game. I'll think on this.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Being able to go for a run in just a sports bra is a reward and a goal in and of itself

Mainly, my rewards are some sort of indulgence, but I do those anyway :) Mani/pedis, massages :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Love the topic, so I'm responding even though it's been a few days.

I like the inherent rewards of feeling better, having more clothing choices and an excuse to buy some new things, having numbers (weight, measurements, time I can exercise before fatigue) that feel and sound better.

For the big rewards, splurging on a trip sounds wonderful, but for other reasons my travel budget is already planned.

I'm a bit stuck on the smaller "keep going" rewards. Some of my ideas were already mentioned, like a massage, one new clothing item. Some others...
    * going berry picking (yes, it's food related, but healthy food I love, and it also involves exercise, getting out and doing something I don't usually do)
    * a trip to the bookstore, buying a CD or classic movie
    * going to a movie with friends
    * new exercise equipment (in my case a better yoga mat, if I needed it, it would be part of getting fitter rather than a reward, but in this case, I just like some of the mats I've seen better than the one I currently use)
    * nice kitchen equipment (again food related, but encouraging more home cooking)
    * doing something active with friends - a nature walk, visiting a summer festival or art fair (there are lots of those around here)