Thai Peanut Noodles (150 cals)

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
2du9nyx.jpg

With everyone posting Pad Thai recipes I decided to try my own out with a little more peanut-y flavor :) Excuse the washed out picture...

2 bags Shirataki Noodles (80)
1 cup Chinese Eggplant, sliced (20)
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced (20)
1/2 Red bell pepper, chopped (20)
1 cup Bean sprouts (30)
1/2 cup water chestnuts (40)
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (60)
2 tbsp Taste of Thai Peanut Satay Sauce (60)
2 tbsp Thai Kitchen Original Pad Thai Sauce (70)
1 tbsp PB2 (22)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce (10)
Chopped Scallions (optional)
Lime (optional)

1. Rinse and drain noodles well. Dry a bit with a paper towel. Toss in a skillet over medium heat and cook for about 7 minutes.

2. While the noodles are cooking up, put Chinese eggplant, mushrooms and pepper in a saute pan with PAM. Saute as long as the noodles are cooking.

3. Combine 2 tbsp of Peanut Satay Sauce and one of the tbsps of Pad Thai sauce w/ 1 tbsp water and mix well.

4. After about 7 minutes of the veggies and noodles cooking, combine them into the same pan and pour the sauce mixture over the noodles. At this point, toss in the water chestnuts and bean sprouts as well. Stir around well and cook for about 5 more minutes. While that's cooking, throw your egg whites in the other pan that the veggies were in and scramble.

6. Mix up tbsp PB2, 1/2 tbsp water, tbsp soy sauce, and the remaining tbsp of Pad Thai sauce. (You can add this at the beginning, but I feel the sauce goes further and retains more flavor on the noodles when you add it after cooking)

7. When the noodles and eggs are done cooking, combine into one pan, pour the second mixture over the noodles and stir it around. Top with scallions and a squeeze of lime if you want.

This makes three big servings, about 150 calories each! I have a very big appetite and I ate two servings and am ridiculously full.

Replies