Baby Back Ribs

Options
luv2eduk8
luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
I am making ribs for dinner tonight. The package says 160 calories for 4 oz. I thought that was pretty good, but is that weight with or without the bone?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Does it say anything on the packaging that might give you a bit more information? Like weight with bones and weight without bones or something??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My guess is with the bone, otherwise it would likely be much higher. Ribs are usually pretty fatty.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The last time I did ribs I did the calorie count calories. 84 grams 250 calories. That is 3 ounces.

You also have to take into consideration the rub, I usually use a KC rub which has sugar in it when I smoke ribs. Also of course the BBQ sauce.

Not the most calorie friendly meal but IMO one of my favorite meals anyway! Enjoy!!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    We had those last night - I had three ribs and without the bone, it was around 400 calories! Remember, whatever you add to them (sauce, etc, not spices so much) adds more calories.

But yeah, since I take off the fat and bone for other meats, I take it off for baby back ribs too.
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know the sauce will add more calories. I will add that to my food diary too. I am just curious about the ribs because I already know the sauce information. The package just said 160 calories for 4oz, no more information. It is for raw ribs that I am making in the crockpot. They are also pork ribs, so not as much fat as beef.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know the sauce will add more calories. I will add that to my food diary too. I am just curious about the ribs because I already know the sauce information. The package just said 160 calories for 4oz, no more information. It is for raw ribs that I am making in the crockpot. They are also pork ribs, so not as much fat as beef.

Baby back ribs are always pork. You can get beef ribs but "baby back" ribs is a specific cut of pork. It's a fatty cut of meat. You can cook some of the fat out, but it's nearly impossible to trim because it's marbled through the meat.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    PORK = get in my belly!