Does Acai really work?

Options
Does anyone know from experience or anything about it?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i tried it and it didnt do anything for me ...... pure eating healthy and excercise is the way to go ..... glad I only paid for shipping and handling and cancelled it before they charged me 75.00 :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I agree! Don't take pills, it's too risky and they don't work. Thinking they will and taking them is mind over matter and that's the reason you lose weight on them, it's not the pill. Plus, they're too risky these days! I've seen a lot of stories where they cause liver damage and even death! To me, it's not worth it! Do it the hard way! Diet and exercise!

Good luck, hope this helps!:glasses:
  • Lisar97
    Lisar97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I took them for almost 2 months and I agree that I don't think they do anything. However, as a warning, I developed a horrible rash on the upper half of my body and once it occurred to me that it was probably the pills, I stopped and the rash immediately started to go away. Apparently if you are allergic to pollen or berries, this happens once it's had a chance to build up in your system. I didn't know I had that type of allergy or that this was a possibility. I wouldn't wish the rash on anyone. It was like having the chicken pox again. Today is my 1st day of only minor itching!
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I tried it for almost one month with absolutely no results. To make matters worse, I only ordered a trial bottle for 4.95 but they started charging my visa acct about every week for amounts over $80.00 each before I even finished the trial offer. I never received any more shipments but they charged my account for well over $300.00 in less than one month without my approval. I could not get anyone to answer their phones or reply to emails. I finally had to file a fraud report with Visa and cancel my card.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    If you really want to try it go to a specialy store and just buy the dried berries. Whether it works or not, it might taste good, it is healthy, and it won't hurt you. And if there's any "weight loss" benefits to be had, surely that will do it.

My guess if there is any truth to the claims, it can be attributed to diuretic properties, same as cranberries, so it will just stimulate water loss.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tried it once .:explode: They have a sneaky clause in the user agreement about the $80 charge. :angry: :mad: I did manage to send back the empty bottle and cancel my credit card before their x-tra charges appeared. :laugh: A lot of these "free trials" aren't really, and they hide the charges in their user agreement that most people don't actually read. I've checked out a few others, just to read their user agreements and have found hidden charges. I think it should be illegal to call something a 30day free trial, and then hide the charges like that, never giving 30 days for sure! One of my pet peeves with some advertising! :angry: :angry::grumble:

I certainly agree with others to just eat healthy and stay in motion!:happy:
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I believe its got some benefits. But you can get all its benefits and alot more from simply eating plenty of organic fruits and vegetables.
  • shariguymon
    Options
    I think the actual berries dried would be very good,:flowerforyou: but these ads that offer the pills with a free 30 day trial are what you need to beware of.:noway: Especially because of hidden charges.
  • shariguymon
    Options
    I think the actual berries dried would be very good,:flowerforyou: but these ads that offer the pills with a free 30 day trial are what you need to beware of.:noway: Especially because of hidden charges.