CHOCOLOVE! wow, amazing.........

Options
Pollywog39
Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
So, I have never been a real big fan of dark chocolate. Having grown up with Hershey bars & Snickers & such, dark chocolate just tasted too strong to me........

BUT NOW - I was given a Chocolove Almonds & Sea Salt 55% cocoa candy bar as a little gift..........holy *kitten*, this thing is just amazing! Am trying desperately not to eat the WHOLE THING..................

Imagine, if you will, a not-too-sweet, sinfully silky, slightly saltly, just-enough-crunchy candy bar that almost makes you sweat as you slowly absorb that salty/sweet flavor............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

Okay, then - if you have NOT tried this taste-treat, I'd say GO for it. The antioxidants alone will make your body happy, and the fabulousness of the treat will make you smile!

pt-27340.jpg

Replies

• photochick85
    Options
    Where do you get them? Sounds amazing!!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sounds decadent! My little splurge is to eat 2 dark chocolate almonds after lunch when I am at work. It is only 50 calories, and gets me through the afternoon. Yum!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

Good question, cuz mine was a gift, so I don't know where he got it!!!

I would imagine many places have this type of chocolate.........look here!

http://www.chocolove.com/where_to_buy.htm
  • deedeewiita
    Options
    I don't do dark chocolate either, but I love salty and sweet so if I can find one out my way I will try it. I am being good and eating peanut butter on celery sticks for lunch.........crunch a munch......love ya, Dee Dee
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Yum! You can get them at Fred Meyers, near the natural section. :)
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    look at Whole Foods; they sell it there. really anywhere that sells quality dark chocolate.
  • tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this one, but I LOVE, LOVE Dark Chocolate, I've gotten to the point that I don't even like milk chocolate any more. Love your description, made my mouth water. :) Enjoy
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    I have never seen them! Sounds great.

Feel free to friend me! I am looking for supporters!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sounds incredible. My office sneak is sugar free chocolate covered expresso beans. With just 3-4 in the afternoon and I am back in the game!
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options

They have them at Whole Foods, also I love the Dark Chocolate Chili pepper Cherry bar and the Peach and Almonds bar.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where to get them in Utah? I love sweet and salty.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    In Indiana they sell them at Albanese I think that's how you spell it anyway >_> It's a hugeee store that sells every kind of candy your heart could ever dream for. I bought one of those chocolove with salted and peanuts.. Good luck only eating afew squares I can't stop til the whole bar is gone LOL My willpower is crap tho :D
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YES!!! One of my favorites. I can find them in the natural foods section of my local Coborn's grocery store. Three squares after dinner satisfies my need for "a little something sweet" to let my tummy know that we have come to the end of food intake for the day. A great finish!
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I bought a Chocolove Cherries and Almonds Dark Chocolate bar 55% last night. I haven't tried it yet.

I am used to eating 72%-85% dark chocolate but I heard such great reviews about Chocolove, I deciced to go ahead a try it even though it is 55%.

Do any of you, like me, who prefer a darker chocolate (above 70%), still enjoy the 55% cocoa? They also have the Almonds and Sea Salt 55% and I am tempted to go back and buy that one, but I will try the Cherries and Almond bar first to check the sweetness of 55%. I really wanted to try the 70% and above chocolates, but neither store carries those varieties that are 70% and above.

One store had the Dark Chocolate with Ginger but it still wasn't 70%, I am thinking it was 65% but I am not really a chocolate and ginger fan, at least that doesn't sound appealing. I love ginger cookies though.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Well, 55% isn't proper dark chocolate. But I agree, this particular bar is very yummy. My mom bought it for me as an apology after an argument. She's the best :P
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I bought a Chocolove Cherries and Almonds Dark Chocolate bar 55% last night. I haven't tried it yet.

I am used to eating 72%-85% dark chocolate but I heard such great reviews about Chocolove, I deciced to go ahead a try it even though it is 55%.

Do any of you, like me, who prefer a darker chocolate (above 70%), still enjoy the 55% cocoa? They also have the Almonds and Sea Salt 55% and I am tempted to go back and buy that one, but I will try the Cherries and Almond bar first to check the sweetness of 55%. I really wanted to try the 70% and above chocolates, but neither store carries those varieties that are 70% and above.

One store had the Dark Chocolate with Ginger but it still wasn't 70%, I am thinking it was 65% but I am not really a chocolate and ginger fan, at least that doesn't sound appealing. I love ginger cookies though.

I am a dark chocolate person (my favorite is 72%) but the Chocolove bars are still good. I am a ginger fan myself but haven't seen that bar you mentioned; now I want it.