30 something Mom of 2 looking for Accountability Friends

Options
Hey! I signed up on here awhile ago but never really used it. I have a vacation coming up in November and would like to lose as close to 40lbs as possible. (Of course that isn't the only reason but it's a good motivator) Tomorrow is the last day of school for my boys so I will have most of the summer to focus on this. (I was very active on the PTA and volunteered a lot of my spare time at the school) I'm not doing any particular plan at the moment, just going to focus on eating whole foods, little processed foods as possible and just being active. I'm looking for friends to check in with that will also help keep me motivated if I start slacking. :wink: I'm willing to do the same for others! I'm also down for little group challenges that help make getting to the bigger goal not as intimidating. :happy:

Thanks! :o)

Replies

• _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site!! Add me if you would like! :)
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have used this off and on myself, but know that it is time to get serious. I am also in my thirties, and I am a stay at home mom to a 2 and 3 year old. It always helps to have a support system and someone to check in with! Add me if you would like :)
  • bceagleace
    bceagleace Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 30 something dad! MFP is great. Having a support system of like-minded people is hugely helpful.

I've been doing Beachbody workouts and following strict nutrition since February. I've lost 42 lbs, and I just about have a "six pack" for the first time in my life!

Add me as a friend. I'd be happy to offer support and advice!

FYI - My wife does P90X with me and follows a strict nutrition plan. She didn't have much to lose, but she's down 18 lbs and in the best shape of her life!

You can do this!
  • blazingmissp
    blazingmissp Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined a while back but never really used it. But, now I know I need to do better with food and exercise tracking and have a little more friendly motivation from people who are trying to better themselves as well. Feel free to add me. I will be 30 in an few months and I am a mom of two wonderful boys.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi there. About a month in and really seeing the difference. Also a mother of two littles. Happy to join in challenges and cheer as the weight falls off us both. Add me if you like?
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, 35 yr old Mom
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I'm just getting started and need some motivation too! I'm also 30 something mom of 2 young boys.
  • ExtraT
    ExtraT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me too, I am now convinced that MFP's brilliant support network keeps me on the straight and narrow!
    I've dropped 25lbs since Jan and have another 10 to go before my summer holiday, so it's a big push for me now! I am also a 30 something with 2 young and amazing kids, with the added advantage/disadvantage (depending on what's around!) of working in a food company, with a big focus on healthy foods. Happy to share yummy recipes too!
    Good luck!
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am looking for an accountability partner too, as I am getting married in September and want to lose ~14lb, if you add me i will check your diary everyday...................as long as you check mine :)
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a 30 something mom of 2 kids. I have used MFP on and off for a year. I am down 20 lbs and have about 15 more to go. Please feel free to add me. I love new friends. :smile:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 but you can still add me I'm new to this site as well,
    and just started putting the pedal to the metal on my fitness. :)
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone! So many new friends to add I have to wait 10mins to add the rest! :wink: I look forward to chatting with all of you! :o)
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Well you can add me, I am a 35 year old of 2. A 12 and 13 year old...I can also use the motivation and good type of peer pressure!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    You can add me. I'm always looking to give/get a little support and motivation. :)
  • sherylmariecampbell
    sherylmariecampbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just added you!! I am hoping to find the same support on here, as you...and I am finding that it definately helps with accountability
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to!!
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I love new friends. I also have two children..they're my main motivation.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Everyone should be added or requested! Thank you everyone!
    So where does everyone need help/motivation? I know for myself I want to start out slow. I tend to go hard and burn out quickly. My goal for next week is to track my food for at least 4 days and to walk a minimum of 6 miles. I figure both of these are definitely doable so no excuses!
  • egarcia83
    egarcia83 Posts: 11
    Options
    You can add me too if you like. I am a mother of 3, 10 years, 3 years, and 1. I have about 50-60 lbs to lose and need the motivation. I also would love to hear any yummy healthy recipes if anybody has any. I am primarily using my elliptical and try to get on it for about 30-45 minutes at least 4 times a week. I plan on adding P-90X in to my workout once i lose about 15-20 lbs, I've used it in the past and it works great, but I'm not at that level just yet.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi :) feel free to add me if you want.. I welcome all friend requests :)
    I'm 28 y/o, single mom of a 2 and a 4 y/o.. lots of weight to lose, but I'm taking it slow and steady.. down 14 lbs since 4/1