Turkey Kebabs & Tzatziki Dip NOM NOM NOM

Options
Jenjaz1910
Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
Just had to share these 2 recipes! TOTALLY delish

Turkey kebabs serves about 4 each serving 368 cals, 19.9 fat, 5.6 sat fat, 6.3 carbs, 36.6 protein!

800g lean turkey mince (extra lean it will bring the cals down)
2.5 tbs breadcrumbs
3/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp mixed herbs
1 small onion chopped

Mix all ingredients together and then make about 16 oval shapes servings, put in fridge for about 30 mins then grill on medium heat for 20-30 mins or until cooked through!

Tzatziki Dip

Makes about 8 servings. Each serving is about 25 cals, 0.8 fat, 0.5 sat fat, 2.8 carbs, 1.7 protein

8oz low fat Greek yogurt
Half a medium cucumber
1 tsp fresh chopped dill
1 tsp fresh chopped chives
1 tbs lemon juice

Grate the cucumber and drain as much of the fluid as possible
Mix everything together and chill in fridge for an hour or so! Dip will keep for about a week in the fridge

I got the recipes from skinny taste.com but I changed them to suit my own tastes. Hope you enjoy if you chose to make them! We had 3 empty plates at my house my girls loved them :)

Jen x

Edited to add: Tzatziki recipe said to strain yogurt and cucumber so that it is thicker but I didn't have the time so ours was runny but still as nice and I didn't add garlic to it either

Replies

• clairepeaches626
    Options
    sounds pretty easy, need to try that!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    It was very easy and very yummy :) x
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    But the garlic is essential! Please don't make tzatziki without it (or if you do, just call it something else like "yogurt cucumber dip"). No need to strain when using full fat greek yogurt. I tried it once with low fat and it came out bad. I have been to scared to try it again with anything other than full fat.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    But the garlic is essential! Please don't make tzatziki without it (or if you do, just call it something else like "yogurt cucumber dip"). No need to strain when using full fat greek yogurt. I tried it once with low fat and it came out bad. I have been to scared to try it again with anything other than full fat.

It wasn't until we were eating it that I remembered the garlic lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

It wasn't until we were eating it that I remembered the garlic lol

to make up for it, use double next time :wink: if you're a garlic fan, you will love it!
  • flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Will have to try it :~)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Good luck x