Not moaning but almost feel like giving up

Options
Hey all!

Looking for support and perhaps a kick up the back side, lol. I have been training for about 11 months now and lost about 10kg but the last month or so its been so frustrating to keep going. I workout so hard about 4-6 times a week, i eat as clean as i can but of course leave space for treats. So i feel stuck at the moment and perhaps it may not be possible for me to achieve anymore.

So yeah feel free to add me or tell me off im all ears..lol.

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know we all feel that way sometimes! Regroup and dig in again...
    Do you realize your diary is closed...hard to comment.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Hello! I know we all feel that way sometimes! Regroup and dig in again...
    Do you realize your diary is closed...hard to comment.

whoops...its done now you should be able to see it. last couple of days havent been able to log in due to work.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cut it out! You got this!!!
  • lilly_star
    lilly_star Posts: 10
    Options
    The only thing I can see is that possibly what you are having for dinner you should be having earlier on in the day for lunch. It is difficult to burn pasta off at night when you are about to go to bed but if you have it say at lunch time you're body can work it off and then have a protein shake at night?
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you are on a plateau? If so try changing up your workout routine for awhile and play with your calorie count a bit. You need to confuse your body so it doesn't become complacent.
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am with ya! I have been working hard since March and have lost 39 pounds - and now I am at a plateau. I havent lost anything for a couple of weeks and I have been feeling rather discouraged. My friends and family have been really supportive and helping me to push myself and realize that this is a life change - nothing happens over night. It was much easier to put the weight on than to take it off. :) I dont know you but I know the fight that you are going through - be like Rocky and keep running up those stairs to your goal! You can do it!!
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    The only thing I can see is that possibly what you are having for dinner you should be having earlier on in the day for lunch. It is difficult to burn pasta off at night when you are about to go to bed but if you have it say at lunch time you're body can work it off and then have a protein shake at night?

Yes i agree with you, i've been told to avoid carbs for dinner but i haven't yet mastered that for every dinner. Even if it is wholemeal pasta.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    I am with ya! I have been working hard since March and have lost 39 pounds - and now I am at a plateau. I havent lost anything for a couple of weeks and I have been feeling rather discouraged. My friends and family have been really supportive and helping me to push myself and realize that this is a life change - nothing happens over night. It was much easier to put the weight on than to take it off. :) I dont know you but I know the fight that you are going through - be like Rocky and keep running up those stairs to your goal! You can do it!!

Our patience is defiantly being tested. :(
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like you do a great job tracking and your diet looks nice....have you considered doing some weight training to maintain muscle mass? Also I understand that people "new" to weight training often actually increase muscle mass...which is great since your muscle gives you the fat-burning you need. Make sure you get enough protein to feed your lean body mass.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Cut it out! You got this!!!

Lol. :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

I personally don't think it matters at all what time of day you have pasta. Having it for lunch instead of dinner isn't going to make you magically drop pounds alone.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Well, it looks like you do a great job tracking and your diet looks nice....have you considered doing some weight training to maintain muscle mass? Also I understand that people "new" to weight training often actually increase muscle mass...which is great since your muscle gives you the fat-burning you need. Make sure you get enough protein to feed your lean body mass.

Yes i do strength training , i love it! Perhaps i need to up more protein intake even more.
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    I hope your not looking for an excuse to just give up. Obviously, you are not a quitter. You have worked hard for 11 months now and why in the world would you just throw that out You might have other things going on in your life and maybe that is the reason. Dont give up on yourself, these things take alot of time and hard work. :smile:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    "it looks like you do a great job tracking and your diet looks nice" - I disagree with both of these statements.

I looked back over your diary, but almost none of it is filled in. The days I did manage to look at, it looks as if you're not eating enough. You've earned extra calories from exercise but don't seem to eat them, usually. Some days you don't even eat the basic allowance. There was one day where you went over a bit, but most days you've logged you're short of 500 - over 1000 calories.

I suggest you look at the info from the group - Eat More To Weigh Less
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
    and stop starving yourself
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    Giving up to what?
  • glenc728
    glenc728 Posts: 4
    Options
    It's all good, any change in the right direction is an accomplishment....don't give up! I believe that you can keep going!
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    "it looks like you do a great job tracking and your diet looks nice" - I disagree with both of these statements.

I looked back over your diary, but almost none of it is filled in. The days I did manage to look at, it looks as if you're not eating enough. You've earned extra calories from exercise but don't seem to eat them, usually. Some days you don't even eat the basic allowance. There was one day where you went over a bit, but most days you've logged you're short of 500 - over 1000 calories.

I suggest you look at the info from the group - Eat More To Weigh Less
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
    and stop starving yourself
    [/quote

As i mentioned before the couple of days/ week i havent been able to log in food due to work and im certainly not starving myself i love food too much. And the reason i don't eat exercise calories is that ive tried that and i ended up putting on weight. It doesn't work for everyone. But i appreciate your comment i will have a look at that link you sent me. :)
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    I hope your not looking for an excuse to just give up. Obviously, you are not a quitter. You have worked hard for 11 months now and why in the world would you just throw that out You might have other things going on in your life and maybe that is the reason. Dont give up on yourself, these things take alot of time and hard work. :smile:

• markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Are you sure about the details in your Soya Milk and Sunflower bread? I'd double check them. There's lots of bad entries in the food database. Those two just don't look right and could throw your carb count off.

Stick to the plan. Losing weight is basically calories in vs calories burned. Did you mention your workout/exercise or do you just diet?
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    I'm doing it all....food, exercise etc.