At my cal. intake but a bit above in Sugars and Sodium....

Options
Will this effect my weightloss?
I would love to be able to just count calories and be done with it, but I noticed that my Sugars and Sodium are beyond what my daily goal is supposed to be according to fitness pal....I am worried this is going to defeat the whole purpose of counting calories.
I obviously need to take in different calories, but I have such a sweet tooth and if I dont want sweet I want salty.....its driving me nuts!

Replies

• kelsiemojean
    kelsiemojean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If only it was that easy!

Some people think that as long as they stay in that calorie number they will lose weight, and some do. Others who aren't so fortunate (like me) have to think about carb intake and sugar. Your body still craves those things because they taste good and makes us feel good. However, the more you resist the cravings will go away. If you're really craving something sweet there are lots of options that are sugar free that are still really good and curb the craving.

I can't say whether you're eating too much sugar, but sugar is the main contributor to diabetes and obesity. As for sodium, I would try eating more fresh foods. My guess is a lot of what you're eating is out of a package which contains a lot of sodium.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    the sodium will make you hold water - if you can't cut it back make sure your drinking enough water. trying to prepare most of your own food should sort out the sodium levels. if your sugar is high because of fruit i wouldn't worry too much but if its from starchy, stodgy food i'd try to cut back.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    if your diary is set to private we can't have a nosy and make suggestions that would help.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This always kills me, too. I'm continually going over in sugars, but it's from eating fruit, so it doesn't feel like it should count because it's not a refined or even added sugar.
  • nj0310
    nj0310 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have changed my privacy settings :-) Any suggestions would be helpful. I do not eat a lot of fruit and I dont like most veggies. Although I have a feeling I am going to have to find stuff i DO like.
    I am trying the Kashi/Special K stuff....I think most of my sodium (at least today - I have not been real serious about any of this until today) came from the soup. I got the soup cuz it's low in cals, and I really like it. I am not sure where the sugar came from...I didnt eat anything sweet cept for the chocolate protein bar this morning....)
    I will increase my water intake, too.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your potassium and sodium numbers close as that will help you not retain water and bloat.