Menu Planning

Options
Does anyone know of a good website to help you menu plan?

I'm trying to find one that lets you key in foods you don't eat.

There are so many menu planners out there, but most of the time they include too many of the foods I don't like or can't eat. And omitting the foods makes them lose nutritional value and substituting with other foods is difficult too.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Replies

• Wright1911
    Options
    I found an article about menu planning apps. U might want to try your cell phone app menus.

http://parentingsquad.com/top-meal-planning-apps-and-websites-for-busy-parents
    http://parentingsquad.com/best-meal-planning-apps-and-websites

Also, try typing in menu planning apps in your search engine and tons of apps come up. :smile:

Hope this helps.
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just plan my own. Each day of the week is assigned a different protien/focus (beef, pork, chicken, breakfast, vegetarian, salad/soup, fish). Then I have a few go to sites or recipes that I plug in. This way you get what you like and you balance it out. Then when I'm planning I make sure it's a well rounded meal.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of any that would automatically key in or swap out foods.

I use Emealz.com and make the natural/organic recipes vegan friendly. Swapping out has been enjoyable so far.
  • michelle2474
    Options
    We've been using Ziplist.com for a few weeks now. It's pretty awesome. Syncs directly to my iPhone with a grocery list.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i use ziplist as well... love it
  • ejritter
    ejritter Posts: 3
    Options
    I dont know if it will help, but there is a website called supercook.com that lets you put in what you have and it shows you recipes that you can make. So you can put in foods that you like to eat and that you have in your house, and it will give you recipes based off it it. Its worth a try!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it will help, but there is a website called supercook.com that lets you put in what you have and it shows you recipes that you can make. So you can put in foods that you like to eat and that you have in your house, and it will give you recipes based off it it. Its worth a try!

Thanks This is what I need :)
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    pepperplate?
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome to use for my husband because he doesn't share my love of foods that are green! lol
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I found an article about menu planning apps. U might want to try your cell phone app menus.

http://parentingsquad.com/top-meal-planning-apps-and-websites-for-busy-parents
    http://parentingsquad.com/best-meal-planning-apps-and-websites

Also, try typing in menu planning apps in your search engine and tons of apps come up. :smile:

Hope this helps.

bump
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!! I really appreciate it.

Will start research all your suggestions when I get home from work tonight.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Food on the Table.

This site allows you to choose your grocery store, then it gives suggestions/recipes for stuff that is on sale at your store!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I add my recipes into MFP :P
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Wish they showed calories too!! But they do let you add to an "Exclusion" list which I LOVE. Thanks!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Food on the Table.

This site allows you to choose your grocery store, then it gives suggestions/recipes for stuff that is on sale at your store!

wow! that is cool.

i plan my own meals each week and post them at www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com. i link up every monday to orgjunkie.com and she usually has 200ish other people that link up as well. there are all sorts of different menu planning blogs to visit and get ideas from.