Starting C2 5k anyone wanna join me?

Options

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    Since I got so many responses on my thread (ya!!!) I created a group we can discuss or success/concerns/faults and give each other advice :-) Come join!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6517-c25k-beginners-starting-6-12
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have been totally clueless as to what exactly C25K was...I wasn't sure if it was a dvd that helps you with running some how or what. But I see that it is an app. I downloaded the one most of you were talking about (RunDouble) and there are two options for C25K, timed and distance...which one is better, which are you guys doing??
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I have been totally clueless as to what exactly C25K was...I wasn't sure if it was a dvd that helps you with running some how or what. But I see that it is an app. I downloaded the one most of you were talking about (RunDouble) and there are two options for C25K, timed and distance...which one is better, which are you guys doing??

I was wondering the same thinig!! I think timed is more for if your trying to do a race vs distance is to go further? Im clueless any ideas???
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it a couple of weeks now, but stayed at week 1, as I want to be able to do the hills in my park semi comfortably before moving up, hopefully move to week 2 next week.

Feel free to add me anyone.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 3 right now! So far it's been a great challenge!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    w5d1 here... didnt think id get this far.. Surprising myself with what im able to accomplish !! Feel free to add me if you want
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Add me please :)
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bump. I will try this again. Gives me a reason to get off my touche.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    PLEASE make sure you take all precautions and don't end up like myself. I too was so excited that I was getting faster and stronger on the treadmill. I was walking 5 miles a day average speed 3.0-3.5. I was kicking some calorie butt!!! I decided my new goal was to complete the Couch to 5K and run 5K before the end of the year. June 9th I started.. I was so happy. I did alternating 90 seconds walking/60 seconds running for 30 minutes. The very next day I was gung ho to do it again... about half way through the program I started feeling something ache in my knee but I SO WANTED to finish ... so I pushed through the pain. When I finally finished the second day I was so proud. Well ... My pain isn't gone and i'm going on two weeks of not being able to walk on the treadmill at all. I have a Sports Medicine/Rehab appt on Friday to figure out whats going on and it will cost me $260.00 for the visit. I have purchased every brace you can imagine and returned them all because they aren't helping.I'm taking Ibuprofen all day. I've tried Asper cream, Icy Hot, and now Theragesic... NOTHING is making the pain stop.

I have been reading a lot... and my first advice is

1) go to a running store and get fitted for the proper shoes... DO NOT RUN in your cross trainers.
    2) Watch some youtube videos on form. I was doing everything wrong. I was not looking straight ahead, I was bouncing, and swaying.... because its HARD!
    3) If you can run slower, you are going too fast. START SLOW!!!!!!
    4) LISTEN to your body...If it starts to hurt. STOP figure out what you are doing wrong.
    5) If you use the C25K program (which I did like) its not to be used daily... Its for 30 minutes 3X a week.

I wish you the BEST I know you can do it.. Please don't hurt yourself like I did... Now I can't do anything but limp to and from the bathroom. **frowns**
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i downloaded the app a few days ago, going to start it tomorrow morning! cant run at all (hurts my boobs!) so should be fun! add me if you like, we can check each others progress!
    [/quote]

I got a champion sports bra from sports authority that keeps the girls in place very well. I can even do jumping jacks and such in it. Might be worth a look if you want to run.
  • opeay
    opeay Posts: 7
    Options
    I did week 1, day 2 today. Anybody else C25K, add me!

I had 2 off days between day 1 and day 2, because day 1 had my muscles so sore for the next 2 days. Yeah, stretching would be a good idea!

Day 1 I didn't have music, day 2 I had the soundtrack to Chicago playing in the background. I can only imagine what I must have looked like as I was running, and wiggling to some of the jazzier licks in the music.

Somebody talked about painful boobs - any suggestions for a bra that actually keeps the girls from bouncing so painfully? I got a new sports bra, it's soft & comfy, but doesn't seem to do much for the bounce control. Seems worse than a normal bra in that area.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W2D2 for me! It's a fantastic program.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am beginning week 4 tomorrow. Just looked at what I have ahead of me :huh: Looks like it will be an interesting morning. I am actually kind of nervous about it. :ohwell: I will beat it like I have the other weeks.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I started running ealier this year then took a break for the past month. I started again Sunday. My level is W3D1.

I typically use an MP3 player for my runs. Downloaded a set of C25k podcasts today that plays music and announces when to change speeds during each run. Will try it tonight.

Feel Free to friend me.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ookay I am back. I will be working on the treadmill, and have a printed copy of the C25K treadmill program. Thanks for giving me the motivation to get up and do day 1. I guess it is a start.
  • llm1607
    llm1607 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did w1d2 today. Not run in 10+ years, but I actually feel really good!
    I normally walk, cycle and dance so running is something new to add!

If anyone wants to add me, I'd love it!

Ps defo get a sports bra, such a huge difference to keep the boobies down than up in your face :-D
  • TinaA72
    TinaA72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! I need more people around who enjoy similar interests as me and I could definitely use the encouragement and others to keep me going especially when making excuses about lack of time or energy!!! I need you guys to kick me in the rear from time to time...I just started C25K...yet again... last week and I am on Week 1 day 2 of program. So far I have only made it through week 7 and then something happens or nothing happens and I find myself starting over because too much time has passed in between sessions. Thanks for listening fellow runners!!!:blushing: :blushing:
  • krikit_lo
    krikit_lo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would! just started on monday, tomorrow will be my second run. I use the Get Running App - I really like it because a voice tells you when to run, when to walk half way/point etc and no issues with playing tunes at the same time.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I went to W2D1 today :-)