Carpe Diem team Check-in

Options
Lost 1 lb this week. How about you guys?

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    About half a pound. Not as much as I hoped but I've been sick all week and haven't exercised.

I'm gonna copy and paste the link to this forum into the old one. That way people can find it easily.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Half a pound at a time would eventually get you to where we want to go, so that's nothing to sneeze at. :) Good job!
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    up a pound, but I feel like I have been getting my eating under control. I had about a two week freak out where I ate a lot of chocolate and ice cream and candy. Hopefully I am past that. I think that I lost motivation because I reached one of my target weights (pre-pregnancy weight). Now that I see how my bad habits are causing me to gain, I will get back into the rhythm that took off the weight. I just need some sort of strategy to deal with holiday-related temptation. Does anyone have any tactics that work?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week, thanks to that b***h Mother Nature. :laugh: It's all right, that just means I've have an extra good week next week. :tongue:
  • Aurora22
    Options
    So...what are you guys doing to exercise today?
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

I'm gonna go to the gym and do a stationary bike for a bit. I've had a cold all week so I don't want to push myself too hard but I feel as if I'm ready to get back into it.
  • toots99
    Options
    I went to the gym today and did 30 minutes on the elliptical...I am beat today and that was my version of taking it easy. :laugh:
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds. I walked once today and I plan to either walk again later or do pilates. Stay strong through the holidays everyone!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

I'm gonna go to the gym and do a stationary bike for a bit. I've had a cold all week so I don't want to push myself too hard but I feel as if I'm ready to get back into it.

Going to the gym made me feel 10x worse. Guess I'm definitely not at my best yet.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    up a pound, but I feel like I have been getting my eating under control. I had about a two week freak out where I ate a lot of chocolate and ice cream and candy. Hopefully I am past that. I think that I lost motivation because I reached one of my target weights (pre-pregnancy weight). Now that I see how my bad habits are causing me to gain, I will get back into the rhythm that took off the weight. I just need some sort of strategy to deal with holiday-related temptation. Does anyone have any tactics that work?

I'm gonna try and take the focus off food for either thanksgiving or christmas by seeing if there's somewhere I can volunteer. It's a thought.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options

What is this "exercise" you speak of?

:happy:

Kidding--but today is lazy due to work. I will probably try to get in a walk later.
  • Aurora22
    Options
    get your mind out of the gutter, goblin...
  • poeticjustice_2001
    Options
    up 1.5 lbs this week :explode:
    It's ok, I know what I did wrong.
    Starting Y-change at the YMCA tonight! :bigsmile:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    get your mind out of the gutter, goblin...

who's in the gutter? :)

I was feigning ignorance as to what exercise actually is. Oh yeah, it's where we put one foot in front of the other for a few thousand steps until the treadmill says get off. :)
  • toots99
    Options
    I haven;t been to the gym in a few days and I actually can't wait to get back in there in the morning! :happy:
  • toots99
    Options
    How's everyone doing this week?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Not so great, I was at work last night and the original plan was to go out on a break and get subway, but then we got stuck working a bit longer and had to resort to eating the only thing available in the fridge: pizza.
    Was up til 3am with heartburn.
  • toots99
    Options
    Oh that's too bad.

You know, I've never had heartburn. I don't even know how to imagine what it feels like. But from what everyone says, it's awful.

I did well today, worked out and ate well. :happy:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Didn't do well at all this week! Got to get back on track tomorrow.
  • toots99
    Options
    Weekends are tough... :angry: