I gained 3.4lbs in 4 days...WHAT?!

Options
OK, so my last weigh in was last Thursday (6/14) and I weigh in this morning BEFORE breakfast, and I have GAINED 3.4lbs... I have been exercising and eating right... What the heak is going on?

Can someone please help me out here, I am so CONFUSED and a tad bit disappointed...There is NO WAY I could have consumed and additional 10,000 something calories...

If any of you could offer ANY advice as to what could POSSIBLY be going on, it would be of great help!!!

:cry:

Replies

• noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    it is probably water weight, or if you had any alcohol...
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Are you PMSing? I always gain weight when I'm PMSing and then lose it a week later.

Um, also you could be constipated somewhat. That will cause a quick weight gain.

About the scale, when was it last calibrated? Did you move it? The one at work weighs me a full 2 lbs lighter in one spot (I really like that spot :laugh: ) so I usually make certain to put it somewhere else.

Hope that weight drops away as fast as it came on. {{HUG}}
  • MrsEnglish721
    MrsEnglish721 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the valuable input... I am not PMSing or constipated... maybe it's muscle? (fingers crossed, wishful thinking) LOL... I have been walking alot, and when I walk majority of the time I am walking uphill adding lots of resistance... who knows... I don't FEEL fatter, but those numbers on the scale are killing me!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Definitely water weight. The body can fluctuate up to 5lbs on any given day. Unless you ate 14,000 calories over your BMR in the last 4 days, it certainly isn't fat or anything like that. Additionally, it wouldn't be muscle either unfortunately (wouldn't that be awesome though)... Because of this, try to stick to the scales once per week. Personally, I wouldn't use one at all because they are only snapshots of that very moment in time.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I weighed in Sat morning at 109 and Sunday morning at 113....mine was because I drank way more water than needed!