No skinny gals allowed

Options
amnski
amnski Posts: 251 Member
News article talking about a Canadian health club that bans skinny girls from working out there...all I want to know, if the overweight girls slim down...when do they get kicked out? I see where they are going with it...but just a thought

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/gym-bans-skinny-people-173000110.html

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Fat acceptance bullsheet. I'd love to know how they determine whether someone is too 'skinny'.
  • amnski
    Options
    I was wondering that too...probably based solely on BMI is my best guess...
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That's stupid. That is all.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by people who are fitter than me. It seems really silly to me.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Stupid!! I guess I won't be allowed there.
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That is dumb! It's the skinny gals that motivate me because I want to look like them. LOL
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Omg. Unfortunately, a lot of people would like that.
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hahahah "tiny little Lululemon people "
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! and that is saying A LOT!:noway:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    That **** is racist!
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think I would actually feel more self conscious going to an all fat girls gym... Just saying.

"Oh hey, what gym do you go to?"
    "Oh... you know... the fat one..."
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea! Just saying. Many people are intimidated by gyms because of the amount of skinny people that consume them. They think they have to be skinny just to go there, or they would be judged because they aren't skinny like them, therefor they end up never going. If there was a gym with only "overweight" people, they would be more prone to join and actually go because they are more comfortable with people around them who are like them. I'm not by any means saying all gyms should be like that, just saying there should be a few that are.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Meh.

I'd be allowed in unfortunately.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I can understand it. When I was heavier I really wanted to try this really hard core class at the gym but when I peeked through the window and saw that every single person in the class was so fit I was too embarassed to stand outas the "fat girl". Of course I'm aware that the people in the class wouldnt have cared and I let my own insecurities win. I am not saying its right but I get it.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    What do they do when you go to that gym, then become fit...kick you out?? Lol. I personally cauldron care less what someone looks like when they are working out
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Meh.

I'd be allowed in unfortunately.

Yep me too.:sad:
  • amnski
    Options
    Like I said, I can see why they did it, but I think it would stink to eventually get kicked out when you weren't "fat" anymore...
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Dumb idea imo. I need to see thin women so I can be inspired to try harder and have a goal to get to. What happens if you lose weight there? Do they kick you to the curb?
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Honestly, I think I would actually feel more self conscious going to an all fat girls gym... Just saying.

"Oh hey, what gym do you go to?"
    "Oh... you know... the fat one..."

Yep....totally with you on THAT one!
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I guess I can still go there since my bmi isnot below 18.5 yet :) ( its 19.1)