Confused??? Help!!

Options
O.K. I am new to My Fitness Pal and need to lose around 150 pounds. I have realized that is going to take time. However, my friend keeps wanting me to try Xyngular weight loss products. Does anyone know anything about these. She claims she has lost 17 pounds in like 4 weeks. I think I just need to stick to counting my calories??

Replies

• justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from any weight loss program that seems too good to be true, because weight that comes off quickly, usually goes back on just as fast. Weight lost slowly (not too slowly) stays off and it's easier to maintain your new weight. I know it's super hard to be patient, but it's so worth it in the long run.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Don't listen to friends. With 150 to lose, listen to your doctor. Counting calories is the best way to go, IMO.
  • 124snuggles
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I needed to hear this :)
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Having done every diet known to man - stick to calories and excercise. Fad diets never work. Only hard work does :)
  • 124snuggles
    Options
    @ShareeMorty - Thank you so much. That helps just to hear that!! :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Having done every diet known to man - stick to calories and excercise. Fad diets never work. Only hard work does :)

bingo
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options

bingo
    \

I agree - eat less/ move more. Calorie counting and good nutrition.
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yep, count calories, work hard! It will pay off in the end.
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Options
    The fad diets are a recipe for failure in the long term...they give you a quick result without the discipline to sustain it over the long run. Don't treat this like a diet but rather like a lifestyle change.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I like what someone posted about treating it like a lifestyle change. That is where I am at now. I used to do all those fad diets, and although they worked temporarily, I put the weight back on and then some in no time. This time it's slower and that can be frustrating, but so much more rewarding. Commitment is the key!!