Ladies in the 150's

Options
hey everyone. i am currently 151lb and 5'2". just wondering how many calories you are eating daily and still losing. i feel like i have been stuck in the low 150's for a while. i went from 1400 to 1200 and im still not seeing a loss. my goal is 130 any suggestions

Replies

• auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm just guessing here, but maybe if you change your exercise to something else it might kick start things again? I hate reaching a plateau, I've been at one for over a week, and even have to struggle to not go up again, so I think maybe dropping a few calories from my calorie total may help also. I'm 2 pounds from the next adjustment, so it may be the cals.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    anyone??? my dairy is public any suggestions? accept for yesterday and today or course :embarassed: i had a really bad last 2 days but still kept my colries low even though not eating healthy.

just looking to see what others in the same weight class are doing??
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 159. I am eating 1340 and losing consistantly. HTH
  • rogers8702
    Options
    thank you for your reply
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Don't go under 1200 period. Sometimes you can eat too little and you loose your metabolism. I am 143 and trying to get to 130. I found that eating 1400 calories is enough to keep my full and then I don't eat my workout calories. (I think my goal is 1250 and then workout calories). When I stick to that and work out It works for me.

Someone said try switching up your workout routine. I have tried that the last week and lost a lb when I was stuck for a month at the same weight.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    calories not only depends on weight, but also heigt and activity level...so many people that are in their 150's are going to be different in their calorie intake than yourself.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i suggest, and people are welcome to disagree with me cause i know they will, is eat a lot of calories one day. just forget that calories exist and eat what you want, and if you don't have a big appetite eat really healthy but really calorie dense foods, like steak, lots of dairy, cheeses, etc.
    and then do a 1200-1400 day for a couple of days, and then eat a lot again
    it sounds like your metabolic rate has beenconsistent for a while, you have to trick it.

i have been maintaining my weight at 135 and have beeneating crazy amounts of food. and i know as soon as i manage to get back down to 1200 days i will be losing.

trick your metabolic rate, also rest from the exercise you have been doing for a couple of days, or mix it up with a new kind. you can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    I'm at 152. 5'4 and I'm at 1200 calories per day. Because my weekly goal is 1 lb. if I reduce it to 1/2 a pound, then my allowance is 1270. I'm trying to get to 145. I don't weigh consistently, but I'm averaging about 2 to 3 lbs per month :grumble:

HTH
  • rogers8702
    Options
    i certainly dont go under 1200, but even at 1200 im never hungry, i eat pretty healthy and move around frequently through out the day. i work out 4 days a week. currently doing the C25K. just looking to see if 1200 maybe is too low. i think i am going to go back to 1340 plu some of the exercise cals for a couple weeks and see what happens.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i certainly dont go under 1200, but even at 1200 im never hungry, i eat pretty healthy and move around frequently through out the day. i work out 4 days a week. currently doing the C25K. just looking to see if 1200 maybe is too low. i think i am going to go back to 1340 plu some of the exercise cals for a couple weeks and see what happens.

try to add extra cals some days, trust me, it will help break your plateau