Walden Farms ZERO calorie items

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Has anyone had any of these?
Looking for feedback! Thanks :)

I heard the peanut spread is disgusting but the salad dressings are ok?

Replies

• dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    too many chemicals and unfamiliar ingredients for me. I like Braswell's salad dressing. The Vanilla Peach is my favorite. www.braswells.com
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am highly suspicious of 0 calorie foods.

Reading the labels on those things reminds me of an old Susan Powter infomercial "You read the label and its Gum-blah-blah-blah, Yum-blah-blah-blah, Some-blah-blah-blah and its tomato juice. There's NO tomato in the tomato juice!"

You're probably better off using the real stuff but in moderation.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i hear they're pretty disgusting
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Non-food chemical concoctions. Calories are not the enemy.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Most are! The Apple Butter is PURE DELICIOUSNESS though! (Well at least on oatmeal!)
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had the Alfredo sauce with Miracle noodles last night, which is also zero calories. They do have sodium or artificial sweeteners, so they aren't zero consequences. I wouldn't use them daily, but here and there should be OK. I like things with clean ingredients too, but I add them to healthy meals-- like I had ground turkey meatballs with the above meal, and a salad.
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    The dressings are GROSS. Very watery, weird flavors, and when they dry (like on your dishes) they make this weird chalky residue that looks like you mixed up plaster in your bowls. The ketchup was also disgusting. I say it's much better to stick to the real thing in moderation.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    my local grocery store and farmer's market carry these..i've only tried the chipotle ranch and sesame ginger dressings and they are HORRIBLE!!!!! don't waste your money or taste buds, they are super expensive and extremely disgusting!!!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's just flavored water with thickners. I've added the peanut spread to shakes. I've had the orange marmalade...very weird texture..like jello. I mashed it with a fork and added sriacha to make a dip for sf coconut chicken.

I do really like the caramel dip though!
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I've tried 3 or 4 hoping/believing that they'd be better than the last one I tried---BLECH!!!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I like their fruit spread.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    they taste like crap

This
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If you are ok with processed food go for it, but honestly I think eating the calories would be better then eating these. I tried the peanut spread stuff and it was nasty. I haven't bought nor do I plan to buy anything else from them.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are right... clean real foods are the way to go....thanks for the input :-) I usually cook almost everything from scratch and these sounded odd...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few....Italian, ranch, vidalia onion....and OMG they are freak nasty!!! I threw them away!! And the sodium content....don't get me started!! Eeewwww!