Brand New!

marissafm
marissafm Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone -- I am a 33 yr. old stay at home mom trying to get her old lifestyle back. In April of 2008, I lost my father suddenly with whom I was very close. Since then I have gained 85 pounds and have lost a large piece of my heart. For the last year and a half I have been dousing my sorrow in food and want to stop this before it gets out of hand. In recent weeks I've started slowly getting back on track by exercising more and eating 6 small meals a day. I struggle mostly with motivation and commitment. It's second nature for me to help others, but can't seem to do anything for myself. So, here's to a new lease on life! Any and all suggestions/support welcome.

Thanks -- MFM

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    welcome - so sorry for the loss of your father. As far as commitment and motivation i find it helpful to have some to keep accountable with - even if you arn't able to workout at the same time -you can always compare workouts and keep eachother accountable to how many times a week you workout and what you eat in your diet. On this site it is great to be able to put in your input (food) and output (exercise) and really see what you are eating and doing.
    Good luck
  • Hi everyone. I am newer as well. I have been taking a Spinning class for about 7 weeks now and eating less, keeping at about 1400 calories a day. I measured and got on the scale this morning and I have lost 8lbs and 13 inches in that 7 week time!!!! I lost 25lbs before starting Spinning classes with just watching what I eat but got stuck at 25lbs. I got the wake up call in June when I got blood test results...Diabetes!!! All blood work was normal after I lost the first 15lbs thank goodness. I want to lose another 36lbs so hear I am!!

Thanks for listening!
  • Welcome aboard! In my experience, overeating doesn't actually drown sorrow ... but it does make you want to overeat again. You can break out of this cycle. Sounds like you're already beginning to. It's really helpful to log your calories here on MFH. Buy a digital food scale and weigh or measure everything and log it. At least you'll know where you stand.

Much luck!

Hank

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • 291083.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I am so sorry about your dad, I can not even grasp how that must feel.
This discussion has been closed.